Tree felling vids

Don't you get nervous blocking down w/o a 2nd tie-in? I sure do, even with a steel core.

I was thinking to ask that too, but Gord does such good work, it didn't seem appropriate from me. Glad that Butch enquired, he being considerably more skilled to ask.

I'd probably have done the same, the less often your climb line has to touch a sticky true fir the better

Abies grandis (Grand Fir, Giant Fir, Lowland White Fir, Great Silver Fir, Western White Fir, Vancouver Fir, or Oregon Fir) is a fir native to the Pacific ...

I'd probably have done the same, the less often your climb line has to touch a sticky true fir the better

That's just it, can't stand to get more sap on my stuff than I need to. I've got a 'sap lanyard' setup for just these trees.

Gord, when you took the tops off it looked like you had your climb line choked on the stem and so the friction hitch is set up SRT. If I'm correct on that, then if you had to rappel, did you have anything in there to provide extra friction other than just the friction hitch?

Excellent work, as we've become accustomed to seeing from you, Gord. Not to draw any parallel between your skills and mine (as you stand very high on my list of THousers with major chops), but I swear that when I watch your POV vids I often feel like I'm experiencing a major case of deja vu. Lots of the same species and working conditions, and methods/techniques, gear.

Limb-locked double tops :D. Pizz a man off to no end, won't they?

Praise again to your ropeman, great job there on that second top...almost no shake up top. I'd give a fair amount to have fellow under me who could run a piece as well as that.

Great vid, thanks much.

No kidding? Interesting. We might want to discuss this in the TE forum, Jay...but it won't be all that far away, as things look today. Let's explore it, eh?

Excellent work, as we've become accustomed to seeing from you, Gord. Not to draw any parallel between your skills and mine (as you stand very high on my list of THousers with major chops), but I swear that when I watch your POV vids I often feel like I'm experiencing a major case of deja vu. Lots of the same species and working conditions, and methods/techniques, gear.

Limb-locked double tops :D. Pizz a man off to no end, won't they?

Praise again to your ropeman, great job there on that second top...almost no shake up top. I'd give a fair amount to have fellow under me who could run a piece as well as that.

Great vid, thanks much.

Burnham my ropeman ran a grapple yarder for a decade or so, I think his comfort with the ropes really comes from those years of casting, predicting pendulums and swings.

And I'm sure efficient minds often come up with the same techniques and habits in similar circumstances, I know the deja vu feeling you mean.

lets see if this works. this is a she oak that dropped a large limb on the parking lot of the local junior college. we safety pruned it, and a few months later they decided they wanted it gone.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sRDQymK77-8?hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sRDQymK77-8?hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Back