Tree felling vids

Jedidiah- my buddy is here from FL, he told me about this beer, gotta love the name, I can't wait to try it, it has a high alcohol content, who'da thunk??

Reactions: Jed
Just my 2 cents worth...any food or drink from Tampa is worth trying, at least :). If it's from Ybor City, it MUST be sampled :D.

See man: Beer distribution is all controlled by the Deep State, and I couldn’t get my hands on that stuff if I tried. These guys used to be right here in Portland, but now?... Rochester. Deep State bro, Deep State.

However... love finds a way. Here’s what I’m drinkin right now... also 8.5% on the alchy... coincidence? I think not! image.jpg

Dude... so... I’m gonna inadvertently make my crew out to be rockstars, and believe me, that’s not my intent.

First: the media threatens us all with a hundo (yours) and we all freak. Second: The boss sends out the nightly email Sunday night: “Well gents, she’s sposta hit 109 degrees tomorrow, so, here’s the work orders, and just do watcha can.” Third: (We have four crews). Crew one dips out (I don’t blame them). Crew 2 dips out. Crew three dips.... a millennial of mine gets scared. I go, “guys, please, do not be heroes in the foliage out here, we don’t need that. Just, please... the moment one of you feels sick, please somebody say somthin, and we’ll call it. Well... of course nobody did, and I must here confess that I have loved my millennial slightly (but only very slightly 😡) better.

Dude... it was an INFERNO... seriously, this happened, driving back into the shop we (the AC is out on my bucket) Julio goes, (I wouldn’t trade a Mexican for the whole entire world) “Dude... do you think we should maybe try rolling UP the windows a bit?” Man the wind coming through those windows on the 405 South from Kirkland was seriously like a blast furnace. I’m not makin this up (I was a bit ashamed) my big ears actually HURT with the scorpion bite of that infernal wind on the side of my head man. I was super glad he said something. We rolled the windows 2/3rds of the way up and made er in. Nobody sick glory to God. I hadn’t experienced anything like that sice I drove through the Mojave desert with my new wife (in 96) in our brand new Ford Aspire 😂 with no AC.

I couldn't do it Jed. This heat out here's been getting to me, and it isn't as hot, and I'm not doing treework. I don't know how you, Stephen et al deal with this crap. I'd end up screwing something or me up playing in a tree with a chainsaw in this weather.

I couldn't do it Jed. This heat out here's been getting to me, and it isn't as hot, and I'm not doing treework. I don't know how you, Stephen et al deal with this crap. I'd end up screwing something or me up playing in a tree with a chainsaw in this weather.
I grew up in it. Helps. Still can hurt you.
Pace yourself. Hydrate. Shade breaks.
Know your limitations and watch the crew closely.i had one guy not take it seriously maybe 2.
One guy I was watching go all red faced in the shade while I was lining out a 120 plus foot pondo. Set up the landing in the shade for the boys. Finally had the boys drag him out, set him up with ice and water in the shade. Once he felt good enough to stand, sent him home.

Self employed, I have the luxury of setting up jobs as I see fit. Chip in the morning. Stage the batch after 11 for the next morning.

) “Dude... do you think we should maybe try rolling UP the windows a bit?” Man the wind coming through those windows on the 405 South from Kirkland was seriously like a blast furnace. I’m not makin this up (I was a bit ashamed) my big ears actually HURT with the scorpion bite of that infernal wind on the side of my head man. I was super glad he said something. We rolled the windows 2/3rds of the way up and made er in. Nobody sick glory to God. I hadn’t experienced anything like that sice I drove through the Mojave desert with my new wife (in 96) in our brand new Ford Aspire 😂 with no AC.

That reminds me of when I drove from Orlando to Indiana in September ‘97. We we’re delivering a small Nissan Pickup truck which had no AC and single cab. With the window down it was like having a hair dryer blowing hot air into your face.

Approximately 1000miles of hell!

I hadn’t experienced anything like that since I drove through the Mojave desert with my new wife (in 96) in our brand new Ford Aspire 😂 with no AC.

Did the same thing in 93.. drove through the desert at night in a 77 Jeep running on 7 cylinders and no a/c or heat. Felt the heat coming off the floor, but knew I had bypassed the heat excahnger. Wondering for a second what the heck is going on?, I rolled down the window and felt an immediate blast of hot air, like opening the oven with your face too close. It was 11 o'clock at night... early August... mojave desert.. car killer!

Arizona was a lot like that. I had no ACin my work truck or my little beater car for years. Windows down felt like your face in front of a blow dryer or convection oven.

Oh, I know.

We did Arizona, New Mexico, Texas and California (Joshua Tree NP) in a coffee delivery truck. Two up front and checker plate in the back. It was a delivery truck for coffee machines. Only problem was there were four of us and only two seats.

We used to drive along with bungee cords and ropes holding the side door and rear doors open. It was pretty much like hell.

Pretty mental when I think back.

My hottest was working in the Negev desert in Israel in 83.
Driving a tractor to and from the fields, the faster you drove the more powerful the hairdryer on full heat in your face was.
The flies sent you insane!

Speaking of Heat / desert crossings , anyone been to Blythe during Summer
Ahhhh Blythe.
Last time I went through Blythe was on my way to pick up the Dingo in Tucson. I left in the afternoon for here so I would do my desert crossing at night. Hit a truck stop out that way and got a large soda and ice damn near middle of the night. So about 1/2 way between Blythe and Phoenix, the van died. Just stopped running. So I figured Id go look for a call box, left a note on the van. Had no cell phone at the time. Funny, all the call boxes were not to be found. I guess everyone has cell now. I walked at least a mile in each direction. So. Figured I would go back to the van, think, then do. I look in the back of the van and Katy had cleaned it out nicely for me, so I could sleep in the bench seat if necessary. Trouble is, she also removed the case of water kept there. So the only liquid I had was yhat 32oz cup of melting ice. Well. That makes one think. I put the car seat out behind the van and tried flagging/thumbing a ride. No way Jose. No one would stop.
So, i had seen a rest stop between me and Blythe. Figured that would be my closest walk to a phone, safety or what not. I started walking, my briefcase in hand with all I owned on cards and cash and a laptop computer. And of course, my 32 oz cup o ice. Let some melt. Take a sip. Walked some miles and was greatful it was spring time. Only about 80 at night. Never did see a state patrol. Came up on an exit to a mine or prison and there was a truck broke down and a service rig fixing it. Approached them and asked if they could help me. I was show that both men were carrying ans I was not welcome nor could they help me. Not even a call. I was informed by them, there there was only one patrol car that ran that section of road at night. Good reason I had no seen any. My nemory of a rest stop confirmed and being early light yet, i set out again. Pretty much getting low on liquid. Couple more miles, there it was. And I was under remodeling. No water, no vending machines. No phones. Not even a bathroom. Smelled of sewer since all the lines were dug up. I saw a crew at the other end and walked over to them. Asked If they had a phone or could radio help. They called thier supervisor and he said he would take me back to the little truck stop just that side of Blythe. Had a water for me. Let me use his phone. Then called where he was staying damn near 60 miles from the hwy. Lady at the desk had a referral for a garage that would come get me, get the van, and take me there. Thanked that gentleman up and down.
Owner of the garage showed up with a car trailer and avwinch and we went and got the van. Figure about now that its about 90* and I am out in the parking lot sweating waiting before 9-10 am. We got the van, drove back to the shop and he dug right in. I fugured i was there inbthat one horse little town off the beaten path for at least the night. Turns out the distributer gear had stripped out in the 6cyl. Common I guess. Told me he might have one. Mind you, there is NO auto parts store close by here. Nothing even at the truck stop turn off. Next closest one would maybe be Blythe.

So he goes and looks and low and behole, he has one he bought for a custy that just had no money to finish The deed. Checked the compression and did an oil change checking for metal. Looked like we got it all. I was back on the road before 5pm.
Only charged me 600 and change. I figured the tow was going to be close to 500. Truly there are angels among us. Even in a place as hot as Hades.
Now, when you walk a highway in desert like that, you see all the water and care packages left for boarder crossings. Why I was shown the proverbial door by that trucker and repair guy. Hyjackings happen.
Yup. I know Blythe. And a lot of the surrounding areas :lol:

Back