Too many wedges?

Burnham

Woods walker
T'was time, long overdue in fact, for the semi-annual clearout/cleanout/re-organization of the equipment boxes on my work truck.

These boxes are pretty big, need to be to fit an 066 with full wrap handle through the door...but over time they sure can collect a load of mess.

Anyway, I had the saw side all emptied out and was dressing up some plastic wedges when I realized that over the years I have collected more wedges than any man needs to haul around at one time. I use maybe 3 12 inchers, 3 10 inch hardheads, a couple of little 5 inchers, and 3 or 4 8-10 inch regular plastics for all the varieties of falling/bucking work I do...all the rest are just extra...20 at least.

Do I have a problem? :)

All cleaned up and organized now.
Pics!

Attachments

• IMG_0443.JPG
    IMG_0443.JPG
    684.4 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0442.JPG
    IMG_0442.JPG
    567.2 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0444.JPG
    IMG_0444.JPG
    565.1 KB · Views: 57
Wedge Master!!

WoW, that is a few floating around..

Candidate for the OCCGD of the year?

Attachments

• hbsjuly8.5 057.jpg
    hbsjuly8.5 057.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 305
  • hbsjuly8.5 059.jpg
    hbsjuly8.5 059.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 301
  • hbsjuly8.5 061.jpg
    hbsjuly8.5 061.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 301
Looks good, B. Always a good idea to clean out the truck boxes once a year or so. And wedges are expendable, so as they get used up the old ones tend to collect. You hang on to them 'just in case' (kinda like all the old used chains in the bottom of the box) as you get new replacements and they add up.

Maybe somebody could use those old wedges as wear blocks when rebuilding saw scabbards or something? :/:

A dumb question- what's the string tied on the saw handle for? Is it to hold the plastic bar guard in place? The Stihl bar guards are too wide and fall off easily but Bailey's sells some plain black ones in 16", 20" and 24" that fit snug and won't fall off.

Lol... " Just in case"..,. I know that well!

We had a little spring clean the other day, i need to drop out some saws from the truck..

Im sure i dont need 7 saws on board anymore?

I got them down to just what i need and stuck the rest in the shed

Attachments

• saws kids mowing 003.jpg
    saws kids mowing 003.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 299
  • saws kids mowing 005.jpg
    saws kids mowing 005.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 291
  • saws kids mowing 004.jpg
    saws kids mowing 004.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 290
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, Brian...just a tether clove hitched around the handlebar to keep the guard on. The local Stihl shop gives 'em to me when I buy a saw...so I make 'em work.

We had some Black ones.. once... they had a spring and clip to go around the handel..Such a simple thing, such a good thing..

I use the Johnsered boxes, they stack on top of each other perfectly.

Just had to trim the side out to fit the 46..

I just bought 6 more last week, including two hardhead wedges. They don't have as much lift as the red and white ones I'm used to but they will be handy for bigger wood.

Burn... it's okay. It's obvious you're an addict, but you're among friends.

We;re here to help. :lol:

Indeed. You have a problem. This is an intervention. I think everyone here will gladly pm you their address to help lessen you of your triangular burden.

We are here to help.

I use the Jonsered boxes, they stack on top of each other perfectly.

Just had to trim the side out to fit the 46..

uughh:whine:, the pain and misery those boxes must feel having a bastard Stihl in them. Its gotta feel like a rape.

Triangular burden. :lol:

I cleaned out the cab on the pickup last night. Found all sorts of things under the seat, some of it was even useful! I now have about ten wedges, way more than I need. Those Stihls are looking good in there Burnham, no matter what anyone else says.:P:)

Dave

I need to clean/reorganize the tool boxes on my truck. Maybe while I'm re-habbing from knee surgery. I know there is at least 20 wedges in there.

Burnham. Ignore nick. Everything seems perfectly normal to me.... Of course mine are spread between 4 trucks.

heck, I think I have at least a half dozen, I think I have used 2 of them..... :D

I get to kill a tree (crabapple, 25' tall and maybe 15' wide) in a few weeks, if I can find an excuse, which will not be easy, to use wedges I shall do so in Burnham's honor.

Back