Time Lapse Tree Work

Tucker, this is the newest model of what I mentioned you might like. What do you think about it?

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fFYCNo2t3gs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

maybe we should go with the retractable handle with a silky blade.

Tucker, you mentioned to Nick that you loved to use polesaws to set your rigging.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I couldnt go back from my Sugoi, I might be persuaded to ditch the handle, but not the blade. I like the handle pretty well too though...

Whoops, my bad, I'm sorry... this is the timelapse thread, Butch you can get rid of that vid if you want. Yea Bonner, I gotta try the Sugoi, I know you rave about that thing.

maybe we should go with the retractable handle with a silky blade.

Tucker, you mentioned to Nick that you loved to use polesaws to set your rigging.

Now I follow. Yes, I use the hook on my polesaw a lot to run ropes through crotches. I use blocks on heavier rigging, but for the great majority of material I lower, I natural crotch. So for that, I often use a polesaw if Im lowering off of a crotch that doesn't require me scampering out to it. That and setting a bowline for a tip tie. No need for me to run around the tree like a fool.

Now I follow. Yes, I use the hook on my polesaw a lot to run ropes through crotches. I use blocks on heavier rigging, but for the great majority of material I lower, I natural crotch. So for that, I often use a polesaw if Im lowering off of a crotch that doesn't require me scampering out to it. That and setting a bowline for a tip tie. No need for me to run around the tree like a fool.

+1 I use a pole saw all the time to set lines.

I usually just toss a steel biner on the end of the rope, sometimes lowering the end down, and a bight, so the groundie can send up a running bowline, cinched tight, out near the end, if its too hard for me to retrieve. I have an elm removal tomorrow, so I might try using the pole with hook on the end, with the biner for easy hooking retrieval.

not super exciting, but heres a shrt time laps of last weeks job. that is my boss in the tree. i told him i was going to film it and to start on the near side, but i think he forgot:roll:.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0B3P-CeOMu4?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
not super exciting, but heres a shrt time laps of last weeks job. that is my boss in the tree. i told him i was going to film it and to start on the near side, but i think he forgot:roll:.

Bosses always seem to disregard the video production instructions :(

Nice to see someone else throwin down some TL, I had never seen a palm trimmed before, believe it or not. Cool Stuff!

"not super exciting, " but definitely instructive. Very well done. That prune made a huge difference. The tree went from one I would just dismiss as "another palm" to a distinctive and stand-out tree.

Thanks for taking the time to show us how it is done.

The music was interesting, too. What is it?

the music was off the youtube list of free music. it should say the name and artist if you view the vid on the youtube page. i count at least a dozen canary palms we have done on that same site, all were as shaggy and all but a couple were much taller... and were not done yet!

Nick, i havent been doing much timelapse cause the battery on my camera couldnt hold a charge for chit. i finally got 2 new ones so i hope to be doing more. better watch out, your going to have competition:P.

Some of today's work to remove one of a stand of Silver Maples for a pavilion. This was the last tree that might hit the power line.
Forgot the GoPro ... had to use a tablet ... NOTE: battery died before the stem could be dropped ... but got the fun stuff.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LI6vo8JYpDA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

most recent job. battery ran out again, but i got most of it.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/i0zK6Ey7-HA?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The video is not working. Seems like you have settings on private.

Nice tune on the palm video!

Back