Time Lapse Tree Work

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Our crane operator has a swing cab, the water never hits his back..

I am pretty sure he laughs all the way to the bank, watching fools like me do treework in the rain and snow while he makes more money to sit in his chair al day and move tons with his fingertips.

Ya but your crane op has loads of liability on his shoulders that feel similar to cold rain drops. Screw whoever is knocking you for using a crane. Its working smarter, not harder. Smart companies prosper. Hard working companies rub icy hot on their backs. Ask him how he would have handled the clean up between the base of the removal, all the way to the chipper, and the logs already on the ground, which were sturdy sized. He is smoking crack if he thinks he would have had that job buttoned up in 2 hours flat with the previous days logs factored in.

Shat like that on TB and AS remind me of this.....

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FLHftISLNHE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This wasn't even all the wood. There was a load of chips in our other open top 2 ton and we threw two front>back length logs on top of the chips...

The text was good. You have a good sense of humor, and are good with words. That actually has stood out to me from day one with you. Well spoken with a splash of humor on top. With that said, you're one of the people that can add text, and it be cool. Other vids with text I start thinking "STFU man", because they say dumb stuff or make queer jokes.

About 10" of snow on the ground when we showed up. Weather was nice though.

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7FOsjjpG5-g?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7FOsjjpG5-g?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Cool video!

I love seeing those mini loaders in action. Not so common here. Not enough room for them usually.

It sure looks like you coulda just pulled it over: there must be something I can't see.

Looks freaking cold!!!

It sure looks like you coulda just pulled it over: there must be something I can't see.

Looks freaking cold!!!

As soon as I saw the video on the computer I thought the same thing, but is very deceiving. I most certainly would have felled it if I could! The weather was actually very nice, in the upper 30's.

Moving and grooving... Nice one Fred...
Really looking forward to having that mini...

Thanks, Stephen. I have a feeling the mini will not disappoint you when you get your hands on it. :)

Looks freaking cold!!!

It always seems to, I think its an effect from the wide angle lenses. It alters the depth of field of the ground between the camera and the focal point.

Thanks for the video Fred, I enjoyed it.

This is a good thread. Puts into perspective the work required to dismantle a tree. I am going to use Nick's camera later this season on a removal or two and have him edit it out for me. Open me up to some ideas and criticism. I don't get any. Im the climber in my company and don't ever get any new inspiration on the job itself. I might suck and not even know it.

Next movie needs the song "I wanna sex you up" by Color me Badd. Just to really throw people for a loop....

Next movie needs the song "I wanna sex you up" by Color me Badd. Just to really throw people for a loop....

Just buy it on I tunes and I will put it in your company video! Let me know when you are ready, I will send you my timelapse camera, tripod, and the HD Hemet cam & a helmet. Hopefully you can get a few jobs and we can get some timelpases like I make and a company profile video.

You would be amazed how much footage you need to do something like this, but I really like what Tom had put together. I think I could do something like this if I had enough footage to work with.

http://vimeo.com/20408740 (no embedding allowed)

Here is my latest timelpase, nothing special in the content but I played with some video effects and gradient transitions...The old timey music just stuck me as a good fit, sorry if you dont like it. Thanks for the idea Brian!

Shades of Maple

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Bufz8qme4i8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Very cool vid. It would be excellent for customer education imo, quick and informative video on what it means to prune a tree.

That's what I thought too Cory.

Nice Nick, I always enjoy a good timelapse after work, I like everything about it. The music was good too. Short and sweet. Messing with the color worked great, txt was good... Bonner raising the bar one vid at a time - now I'm gonna watch it one more time

Back