Throwline Storage Idea

Very clever, Nick. I'll be making one. I usually carry three lines in my kit. Therefore, I'll be using three tarps. :)

Now to find a suitable satchel ... :/:

meh ... I've got plenty of candidates ... thanks, though :)

Nice video Nick. Almost inspires me to post about TreeMachines shotwinder dealio..........

Why don't you go ahead and post it, Paul. He's got some of videos, as I recall. I'm sure Nick would like to see them ... if he hasn't already. TM is a good man with great ideas.

THE SHOTLINE WINDER {TreeStuff link}
treemachine.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Big nGreen issues us those, all the ones our crews have are filed with holes. The guys that use them keep the bottom ball under the cardboard or whatever at the bottom and it invariably seems to fall out and get all tangled. Even with my folding cube that happens, I run the bottom ball through the loop in the bag and then into a pocket and retain the top side with the velcro and a pocket but it still seems to get tangled. I guess its just a fact of life. I figured by having snaps to hold both sides I could at least eliminate knots in the line and limit the mess to bights and hitches.

Like anything if you take care of your tools they last and if you don't, they won't. The mesh cubes work, but for me, there are better options.

My cubes have two pockets for the balls, a velcro strap and a loop for tying the line to. I only have issues with the cube eventually wearing at the corners so they eventually won't stand up perfect any more and replace it. I take care of the stowing though and not leave it to uneducated hands that can't grasp a quartermaster mindset.
I have tried the tarp idea before and it has unfortunately not really worked well for me in the woods. Too much litter finds it's way onto the tarp snagging line. I a regular yard, this is not a problem, like on a lawn or concrete.
Nice idea though..

Another idea i think I heard was to use one of extension cord reels. I was thinking of getting one and cutting off half so it would function similar to the one from Treestuff.

I think if you did that you'd quickly start down the same path as others have travelled and you'll end up just learning why the treestuff one is $75.

I got my faltheimer in 2002. I'm still using it every week. I do need to fix one of the corners. But this thing is awesome. When it dies I will immediately replace it.

love
nick

Faltheimer is where it's at. My oldest one is around 8 years old and its been beat to hell and you cant even tell.

I have a Stein for a little over a year and one of the ends came out the other day. Other than it works good. I had Zing it before and now Dyna Glide. I think I liked the Zing it better.

I use a Home Depot brand Husky linemans bucket I got for five bucks at a junk store/rummage sale. It is not very compact but works great and I have cut some dividers from old yard signs of mine. I can carry extra throw bags, line tamer, and the bigshot head all in one.

Back