These boys ain't right!!!!

Well, ya'll are watching. Whatcha think about these knuckleheads? I wonder how many times that handsome devil with the goatee has caught it in his hitch?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
They must be kidding about it being a TV show, right? :what:

NOPE!!
Dude is paying fo it all out of his pocket on local cable trying to get a network to pick it up!!!!
They got the whole write up at AS, I can C/P it if you like?

I couldn't get past the first 2 minutes.
"I'm here to cut down the most dangerous vegetation on the planet, threatening you & your children..."
Or some such nonsense to that effect.
Morons.

Tulsa tree trimmer creates reality TV show on perilous profession
December 28, 2007
TULSA – For several years Paul Nosak has watched spectators gather around his Nosak Tree Service crews as they trimmed branches from power lines or removed dangling limbs.
With a family history of arboreal care going back to the 1950s, Nosak understands the danger, aesthetic concerns and simple drama that attracts watchful eyes. For more than two years Nosak’s wondered how he could capture that curiosity and interest on film.
At 7 p.m. Friday, Tulsa viewers of CBS affiliate KOTV 6 will see the fruit of his labor. In what could be Oklahoma’s first reality television program, Nosak Raw shows his seven-man Tulsa crew removing a 50-foot-tall oak from beside a new $5 million mansion. Future episodes will confront them with the devastation from this month’s ice storm.
“This is real reality,” said producer, director and cinematographer Austin Hughes. Nosak hired the owner of Hughes Pictures of Tulsa to help create and prepare the show for possible network sale. “This is not a Hollywood presentation.”
Nosak funded, executive produced and stars in the show, which will debut in a one-hour format before continuing weekly with half-hour shows at 12:30 a.m. Saturdays and midnight Sundays. Nosak even paid for the air time, all in hopes of gathering a following to illustrate the show’s potential to the broadcast or cable outlets.
“This is not an informercial,” he said, estimating his total costs so far at $160,000. “We didn’t need more tree business. We did this for entertainment.”
This marks his second effort to pull the show off. In July Nosak started three months of filming with a different contractor. When he realized that material resembled more home video than professional high-definition television, and that the contractor had ignored his project goals, Nosak sought out Hughes, a former ABC cameraman. Their test material, which Hughes shot with a hand-held HD camera, became the debut episode.
Hughes and Nosak are editing episodes three and four, with Nosak approving the final cut after a full day’s work in the field. The duo intends to sift through the earlier footage shot for anything that can be chopped together even as they continue filming new material.
“We want to be able to produce one a week for the audience,” said Nosak.
“We don’t know how we’re going to do that,” added Hughes, who is now using a second cameraman to keep pace. “We’re trying to put together a show every seven to 10 days.”
Nosak estimated each show cost about $35,000 to $40,000 to complete, noting filming process not only requires his crews to work slower but reduces his productive time.
“I feel comfortable saying we’re going to be able to produce 25 episodes this year,” he said, after which the show’s future will depend on whether it gets picked up by a network.
Nosak’s personal commitment is to complete 13 episodes, shopping the show around at trade shows and network offices after episode five. The 13 will get him to the first point where KOTV can pull out of the deal. Nosak has a one-year contract with KOTV, reviewable quarter by quarter.
“If I don’t sign any contracts after the first year, I’m going to close it out,” he said. “We’re stepping out in faith.”
He has one advantage. In providing the show and paying for the air time, Nosak keeps all the revenue from advertisements he places within the piece. Each half-hour offers 12 placement spots. Nosak attracted six advertisers for the debut.
Filming his crew at work also has provided Nosak the chance to trumpet other Tulsa businesses, like TK’s Restaurant, Brown Bag Catering and Smith Farm and Garden. To provide musical accompaniment to the episodes he has hired Tulsa musicians William Joseph Nosak, who just had an album produced, and Troy Peterson of Xian Records.
Choosing to film his business promises some peril. Data from the U.S. Department of Labor Statistics found the 2003 fatality rate for landscaping workers was more than three times that in all industries. But so far Nosak has been fortunate. Even with all the dangers and damage caused by the ice storm, Nosak said none of his workers have been hurt while filming – although Hughes once got hit by a piece of wood transported by a Bobcat. He was able to continue working.
Despite the unscripted delivery and action, Hughes suggested some in the crew demonstrated on-air talent, charisma and charm – perhaps none more than Nosak.
“I’ve always had a desire to be involved some way in the entertainment industry,” the Christian admitted. “But I always thought I would have to go to Hollywood to do this, and I didn’t want that.”
Hughes also was surprised how hands-on Nosak got in the editing and production process.
“He definitely is the executive producer,” said Hughes, discussing some creative differences they’ve had over pacing and edits. “We’ve almost had a few blows a couple of times, but what Paul wants is for me to be more real, and I can understand that.”
Nosak has placed 19 billboards around the Tulsa area advertising the show, launched the Web site www.nosakraw.com complete with trailers and products for sale, and put footage on You Tube to attract interest. But even if the show takes off and proves a major success, Nosak expects to continue doing what he’s doing now – with one exception.
“I would always like to do the trees for free,” he said. “I think we could come in here and do this tree and then say, ‘By the way, the work’s on us.’ “
Nosak expressed some concern the first episode might drag a bit in comparison to the action seen in the ice storm footage. Hughes disagreed, believing the debut episode revealed needed character development and human interest.
“We still don’t know if we have a product the public will like,” said Nosak. “That’s our drama.”
Celebrating Nosak Raw
TULSA – To mark the debut of Nosak Raw, Paul Nosak will host a premiere party from 6-9 p.m. Friday at Jewel, 3340 S. Peoria Ave. Open to the public, the party will feature free appetizers, T-shirts, and hats, with the debut episode shown on big-screen televisions. For more information or to R.S.V.P. for the premiere party, contact Marnie Ducato at (918) 599-0029 or marnie@rexpr.com.

I couldn't get past the first 2 minutes.
"I'm here to cut down the most dangerous vegetation on the planet, threatening you & your children..."
Or some such nonsense to that effect.
Morons.

Sorry you missed it T, it is "So much more to it than that":lol:

At least check out the youtube links, four short vids.
Then you will want to watch the long one, I've only seen one worse than this, that was James the narco.

I can't believe how that climber rigged his sling, then after he made his cut he started worrying about it.

if my boss yelled at me like that I wouldnt be working for him very long.

edit 1:
ok, then the CAMERAMAN gets run over? sweet jesus. dunno what to say to that.

edit 2: the crane truck in the air was nice, kinda like a skateboard move called a 'wheelie'

Dang, did they really drop a tree on some dude's car? ON PURPOSE? WTF!!!

Then they stood the crane up on end. Did you see the climber bail out? Ha!!!

Gotta admit, tho, they looked like they were having fun most of the time.

Funny thing, for a guy named Nosak he seems to have some oversize cajones.

I don't think I have seen that many stupid people in one place at the same time. Dumbasses from beginning to end. They certainly have no business using a crane.

I bet he gets real teary-eyed when he cashes the big fat checks.

Funny thing, for a guy named Nosak he seems to have some oversize cajones.

Why do you say that? I didn't see him do anything except run around and yell a lot.

I SURE as hell wouldn't be putting myself in the public eye if I was gonna act like he did. I would be embarrassed and ashamed.

Why do you say that? I didn't see him do anything except run around and yell a lot.

I SURE as hell wouldn't be putting myself in the public eye if I was gonna act like he did. I would be embarrassed and ashamed.

Well, that's what's so funny about it. Guys like that don't even know that they're a$$holes.

Never the less, that was some funny SH!T!!!!!!!
The car was bad, but the crane truck, that was just stupid!!!

I lied. I did not go back & watch it.... & have no intention of watching it.
TreeChopperDowners are a dime a dozen.
For Gawd's sake, don't pay 'em extra & film it ???

Back