Tight spot, right equipment

Good points Sean, I would be hiring out the machine with operator and to be honest as much as there is a network in place I'm not super keen on servicing the tree industry in general- only a handful of selected contacts, either way I would classify damage to the machine as an error by the rigger and have some signed paperwork assigning responsibility for the insurance deductible or something similar... The class of machine I've been looking at has around 20m vertical and 10m side reach, I'm also unsure of the exact limitations compared to standard buckets..
On the window cleaning side I have a friend that owns/operates a successful business doing office buildings, shopping centres & apartments. The spider lifts are often needed for internal applications also. I'm pretty confident I could build up a client base and then also have a tree crew operating. Theres alot to be said for being able to take a machine somewhere for a set amount of time in return for a set amount money.
I think with any venture like this there is only ever one way to really find out, eh?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
72k isn't that bad, I've found that it pays for itself easily so far. I'm not too worried about my guys rigging around it cause I know they're capable of working properly. That being sid, not everyone on the crew gets to run it, much less unload it and move it around. Like I said, having a bigger model does allow you to be further away from your tree, thus being able to bomb stuff.

When I bought it I thought about renting it out to try to keep it busy and keep up with payments , but I just don't have time to diversify into other trades and I don't really want anyone else using it. Not to mention depreciation the machine takes with extra hours and extra wear and tear.

Back