The Truck Thread

I would say you definitely bought it right. Work pickups and fleet vehicles are a little better, but the point I try to make is when my friends buy a brand new diesel pickup with a bunch of extra options for 65,000 dollars and finance it for 72 months is that all it is going to do is cost them. They will not see any savings by owning the diesel. On the other hand I would not finance a gasser for 72 months either. The power is nice, that is for sure.
Yeah it's got 400 hp and 800 ft lbs of torque. My new tracked lift weighs 6600lbs and trailers another 2200 so it'll pull it quite effortlessly! As well as pulling my other 3 trailers or chippers if needed

Good luck with the new ford eric.

I love my chassis, turns sharp, rides nice, comfortable. Ive got hills galore around here so went diesel and its like the trailers not there.

It's interesting to read everyone's options on trucks. We have a 9in chipper to haul around, maybe a 10ft dump trailer some days, and flat ground. Nothing too taxing for a gas engine I would guess. And it get darn cold here in winter. To me gas was a no brainer. Either way we are crusing around town in style with the nicest chip truck and newest chipper here. Now if I could just upgrade my 2000 GMC 2500....but that think just rocks as a work truck. Not much to look at but tough as nails.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

120 litres.

Thanks. Sounds more like I thought it should now, 16mpg about the same as I used to get in my old Ford.

We've had metric for a long time and I've never had a problem with it except MPG. I grew up with gallons & miles and litres per km doesn't work for me so I convert back, then it makes sense. Except late at night when you try to figure out the size of your new truck's tank by multiplying and dividing cost of litres @ $1.63 x half full x 200.:scrambleup:

Not so bad tonight, I've got an 18 gallon tank and getting about 18mpg. Don't ask me litres I just threw it all in the bin.:pissed:

Thanks. Sounds more like I thought it should now, 16mpg about the same as I used to get in my old Ford.

We've had metric for a long time and I've never had a problem with it except MPG. I grew up with gallons & miles and litres per km doesn't work for me so I convert back, then it makes sense. Except late at night when you try to figure out the size of your new truck's tank by multiplying and dividing cost of litres @ $1.63 x half full x 200.:scrambleup:

Not so bad tonight, I've got an 18 gallon tank and getting about 18mpg. Don't ask me litres I just threw it all in the bin.:pissed:
Ha ha no prob, when I was on the fire dept everything was in gallons & psi when I first started, and after 7 years we got newer trucks and everything on the pump side was in KPA and litres per min. Took a bIt to get used to, but eventually did!

No. It's one step up in size but 100 steps up in performance. It's a BC900. The replacement for the 625 is the BC700.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

This setup is perfect for us. The capacity is slightly less than we had because of the cut out for the tool boxes and we lost a lot of storage giving up the man cab. However it's a much more comfortable and reliable ride.

Right now it's used for gear storage but we got it so we can transport our kids when the need comes up. Next year I will have to bring all 4 kids to school at 2 different schools, and my pickup is a regular cab.

Sweet rig!!

I like having the man-cab for storage, but would rather have tool boxes, as I have only had a man-cab passenger a few times in 5 years. Rupert doesn't like it. Not enough windows, or any down low for him to use.

I've been meaning to put up more shelves inside.

Erik, how much less effective space do you have? Is stuff more jam-packed, or do you have to leave things out from regular circulation?

Oh things are jam packed in there but we got everything that we had in the man cab.

It's things like the GRCS that are difficult to pack. And we have one rigging line that we keep in a big tub instead of a rope bag and that's tough to store as well.

Each reconfiguration has meant buying some new shape containers, and building in some shelves for me. Maybe building a custom box for the grcs might help, especially if you custom build the shelves if they don't work as efficiently as you can imagine them.

At SPs I increased our useable space within our through-box, which was too tall, but no shelf, by simply cutting a piece of plywood for the shelf, supported with two pieces of plywood as legs. These rested against the side of the vertical metal wall. My supervisor had gotten caught up in metal, welding, painting, etc. Half a piece of plywood double our shelf space (and a couple scrap pieces of 1"-by and some screws, to secure the three pieces). 20" x 8' shelf for $20, and 20 minutes.

Back