The Truck Thread

Thank you , and she unfortunately caught on fire a summer after I finished building her. Power steering line blew and the fluid sprayed over my engine bay and firewall

A few of my latest acquisition:

Attachments

• Truck1.jpg
    Truck1.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 52
  • Truck4.jpg
    Truck4.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 52
  • Truck5.jpg
    Truck5.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 52
  • Truck6.jpg
    Truck6.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 52
Congrats, Dave! Nice lookin' truck.

I know there was a lot of research & travel involved. Happy for you that it all worked out!

That thing so too pretty, let's load it with wood lol. Even shiny wheels, do I see car washes in the future instead of rain storms?

Nice truck there.

I am thinking of shopping my 2010 Nissan Navara for a new truck. Quite fancy a hilux but they are expensive over here. Reckon I am gonna go Isuzu this time.

I test drove this last Saturday. Nice truck and handled well but it was an auto and I'm after manual. I've got the garage on lookout for models. This model has a 2 drawer gun safe built into false floor and two safes built into the back. Would be great for shooting but it was 2 inches 2 low to be able to fit saws in the drawers.

These pickups have a lot less power than what you guys have available over in the states. Fuel would be a killer for me on an import over here.

image.jpg

Good looking truck Dave. I like my bow ties. Does that have the 5.3 or the 6 liter? Both are great motors. 6 is a bit hard on gas mileage though.

6L. It does well enough on the highway...not so great in town, but uses less than my 1/2 ton I was running.

I test drove this last Saturday.

I think it's cool to see the trucks in other markets, Rich. I've always had a thing for Aussie utes: http://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/how-australias-coolest-little-truckets-are-showing-up-1557594577

I used to think the killer app in our market might be the new mid-sized Chevy/GMC diesel twins, although they are likely undergoing additional scrutiny given the VW scandal. But now I think they are too pricey at $33,520 (Chevy) and $34,875 (GMC) for a 4×2 short-bed! Ack!

http://blog.caranddriver.com/2016-c...-duramax-diesel-details-and-pricing-released/

The hilux trucks are a pretty good deal. Solid engine and a good work horse. The 3.0l diesel is a nice motor but they again are expensive here if you want luxuries.

I want luxuries as I use my truck as a family motor aswell. Must have electrics, heated leather seats, air con and reverse cameras. For that spec I would break the bank on a new one.

Nice truck there.

I am thinking of shopping my 2010 Nissan Navara for a new truck. Quite fancy a hilux but they are expensive over here. Reckon I am gonna go Isuzu this time.

I test drove this last Saturday. Nice truck and handled well but it was an auto and I'm after manual. I've got the garage on lookout for models. This model has a 2 drawer gun safe built into false floor and two safes built into the back. Would be great for shooting but it was 2 inches 2 low to be able to fit saws in the drawers.

These pickups have a lot less power than what you guys have available over in the states. Fuel would be a killer for me on an import over here.

View attachment 63686

Hi Rich
I have a friend who had a Navara and liked it.
Last year he traded it for a new Isuzu and loves it! He tows a 2T digger with it and reports its much better than the Navara was.
Also better built.
He has the big engined auto.

Just got the ok from the bank for a new truck (this one to be precise)
The old Ranger has been great but needs replacing, so barring a last minute hitch I should have it in a week.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 49
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 50
Cheers B, I had a job delivering new cars for a bit, till I kept crashing them! So NEW doesn't faze me too much.
Financially it just made sense tax wise.

But I am sneakily quite chuffed!!!

Back