The toughest trees to remove

Of course the Dead ones of any species if you are the lucky climber....personally I dislike a Day in a Blue Spruce complete with red arms....also developed an allergy to Elm, I will still bid them but if I get the job I get the snots and sneezes too

I sometimes find myself in Large Poplars...brittle, dying....tough to trust...sometimes scary to look at the crosscuts later on the ground and see what you did trust

I don't like boxelder. It hangs on for dear life when you want it to come free during the cut. That and its full of bugs.

I think it is a cold weather damper. Seeing that, now I know how that blue thing attaches to my new Husky

I don't like cutting poplar. Almost always leaning, and I've had poplar snags split and move faster than my eye could follow. . . kinda creeped me out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Page, you've never gotten it in your entire life? Not even as a kid?

never, around here PI is on everything, thick hairy vines up the trunk with 3 foot branches off it. I've sawed my way through with all the dust in my eye's and throat, and never even got got an itch.(I don't where gloves either)

I get it a few times a year. My wife has it now. I was in it recently and while I didn't get it, she got it from me.

I get it a few times a year. My wife has it now. I was in it recently and while I didn't get it, she got it from me.

Thats funny, I give it 2 my wife all the time, she knows it's me 'cause there will be two poison ivy hand prints on her butt!
oh and butch, that's just not true

Last edited:
I get Poison Ivy every summer. Seems like I don't even have to touch it, just look at it. Horrific when I was a kid. Two summers ago we had a lot of wildfires, and setting and dragging wild land hose through the PI had me fighting it for months. Cursed plant that.

If I don't take Oral Ivy regularly in the summer I swear I can get PI just by looking at it.

did a removal last week with PI all over it, had a crowd watching me, when I was done they were out there picking up logs and throwing them around and what not acting like they were on axe men or something. well 5 of them got it on their faces. I laughed. serves them right for messing up my nice log pile:lol:

If I don't take Oral Ivy regularly in the summer I swear I can get PI just by looking at it.

you talking about eating the new growth in the spring or some pill. I have a friend that does that. one day of feeling kinda itchy all over, then she doesnt get it the rest of the year.

I don't know where I read that, but since I can't find any documentation to that effect I'll have to stop saying it.

Back