The Official Work Pictures Thread

Yes, I own the Nifty Lift and am a dealer for them as well. I bought the excavator back in December of 2013.... I've owned it longer than any other equipment. @pantheraba

I've had a dangling grapple saw for it before, might have one again. A dangle grapple is a catch 22, a tilt rotator with a fixed grapple saw would be interesting, but heavy and expensive.

Here's a video of it with the grapple saw handling debris on the ground.

As that last job occurred about 3 miles from my house, and as I was present for part of it, I must protest the title. That AIN'T Millport......:/:

Yea it was some pretty steep ground Burnham, but it was a fun little job. A good size school-marm came down over a very compromised section of the road which was 20-25 feet below. Below the road it was a 110-120 ft vertical drop to the creek below and I was worried that the 15-20 ton rootball would bust loose and take out the road.. That would have resulted in a multi million dollar project that this community could never afford if fish and games would have even allowed them to do it. The first thing I did was permanently cable the root ball back to a couple big Firs up the hill, then hired a crew to spend 2 days attacking that root ball with carbide chains...Once they had whittled the stump down to nothing I pendulum swung 16-20 ft logs down to a safe spot on the road, skidded them down to a large pullout, then milled them onsight... Some incredible chocolate brown goodness that went straight into the personal stash....

Last edited:
Homeowner had the whole area cleaned off all the previous logs, but...

Sold my Vermeer 206 grinder to a guy I know... Digging out the extra teeth to pass along.

Paid $1600, installed greenteeth pockets, used 2-3 years on occasion, sold for $2000.

Will get a new engine for my SuperJr grinder, unless my neighbor can do some mechanical magic. The engine is pretty old. I had problems with it one hot summer day in full sun, and haven't tried to fix it since. IMG_20200420_180309294.jpg IMG_20200419_153231198.jpg

Had a Lime (Linden) to prune yesterday. The tree was growing between two buildings so we cut a bit of clearance away from balconies etc.

One limb had grown into space and had been braced a few years earlier and now we had to weight reduce it a bit. Therein lies the issue. The limb had grown towards the light and was over a very steep drop at the bottom a garden of a foreign embassy. Read no go zone!

We decided to zip it back up the hill a bit and carry to the chipper. All went to plan.

Got a couple of clips.

View attachment IMG_1225.MP4
View attachment IMG_1224.MP4

Thats funny Bob... Do you actually know what your looking at? How about you stick to the super witty political memes and leave this tree climbing and falling stuff to the men folk..

Last edited:
Congrats Rico, Eric, Spanky..., whatever TF your name is. Take a bow. You've brought this place to a new low.
Said the punk who thought it would be cool to make a smart ass comment about my grandfather. Ya called him a hack if I recall... I'll be you were just "having some fun with Rican" too...

Last edited:
Homeowner had the whole area cleaned off all the previous logs, but...

Sold my Vermeer 206 grinder to a guy I know... Digging out the extra teeth to pass along.

Paid $1600, installed greenteeth pockets, used 2-3 years on occasion, sold for $2000.

Will get a new engine for my SuperJr grinder, unless my neighbor can do some mechanical magic. The engine is pretty old. I had problems with it one hot summer day in full sun, and haven't tried to fix it since. View attachment 100425View attachment 100426
Your super fortunate to be working with your lady Sean... Cherish it.

Tranquillo Rico. I love seeing your stuff posted here. I remember thinking the comment about your grandfather was a joke. As in "that's how everyone used to work, but that safety crowd can't take historical perspective into account".

Jokes often don't translate well online. Let's all assume folks aren't deliberately shitty on here.

Back