The Official Work Pictures Thread

Of course, as soon as I went back on the ground the gusts stopped for half an hour. Then they started again and the client was glad I came down safely.

Hate that. My work isn't wind but rain. Should I break my gear down/get it out? Looks like the rain's done, get all my crap out, and it starts again. Sit in the truck watching the rain fall for an hour, call it quits, and it stops raining on the way back to the office, and never starts again :^/

Not a flashy truck but I like it. Those six loads cost about a grand to haul but he can move some wood. Would’ve been three days for us and we wouldn’t have been able to keep moving on the job site

$1k for six loads? That's a steal around here. I pay $250 a load for a straight log truck, no self loader and can usually get 3-4 times that from the mill

I cannot tell you how valuable a good self loader run by a talented operator can be. Look here for some reference from the past :).

I almost wish i could go full time so i could run my truck... 3k just to put it on the road tho is just too much more me atm....

Shorties, both. Curious. Here, a log truck be it self loader or not, needs around 40 foot capability at aminimum. They can slide the rear carriage on the spine towards the truck for shorter logs.

Short stuff like what's shown in those two pics are usually carried in a dump truck bed with the tailgate removed, hereabouts.

But it's for pnw forests. Like the australian road trains, they aren't made for the tiny streets of our urban areas. Tiny and crowded. In many places, the usual semi trailer has a hard time to access. And some times, more than my liking, I can't even park my small car.

Most Mills around here won't take any thing longer than 16's. That old peterbilt is best loaded with 12's or she gets a little light in the steering.
I can't even imagine how to get 40's around on some of our roads.

If you pull up a video of a 'regular' log truck, you can see the stinger for the pintle-hitch is wayback. Its not set up like a 5th-wheel at all. The logs swing wide of the drivewheels when making sharp turns. The log bunks have some pivot in the rear a bit, I believe.
5th wheel style
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Stinger-style.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Actually, it looks like our forest areas have some big trucks too. They are just not in my world :D
That's a 53 feet load.

I didn't know that the trailer has a steering axle. I didn't thought much of it until now, but that seems obvious.

We even have some shitty roads too. Talk about a slippery slope :

Last edited:
Back