The Official Work Pictures Thread

Geez you've been living the life!

That 200' pondo, incredible photo. Was it in good health?

Cory, healthy as they come!

Theres one pondo were bidding on in there with a 5ft plus trunk thats bark beetle dead...only pondo that was dead in that area and its a feral pig!

Gotta get a self log loader to come up and get wood, to big for us to get rid of...

Great to hear that monster is healthy!

The 5'er, does it need climbing etc or cut from the base?:O

Cool, artsy pics.

What is going on in the 2 ropey pics?

11 conifer removals, 10 flops, 1 dismantle. Busy training new guy, hot... Forgot to get before pics.
Simple job. Slope was a hassle. House and driveway immediately out of frame, uphill. IMG_20180712_134045978.jpg IMG_20180712_134112372_HDR.jpg

Half in front, half in back of the fence. Homeowners had the sense to put a 4' gate at the top of the slope, so easy mini access.

Worked up and down the slope with branches and material. Grassy area is a drain field, and nice lawn, so lots of plywood. Back yard, upslope as well.

That is some spotless cleanup Sean!!

What is going on in the 2 ropey pics?

That white pine had a pretty good lean to the top and I was just dicking around "really" strapping in for takeoff (for some reason I was thinking about that movie The China Syndrome that day, and you know, Defense In Depth. haha).

Second one I've been playing around with choking the lanyard with a little krab when you have to go around the low side to get at stuff. It's easier to adjust than the double wrap and almost as stable, it kind of pinches the spar but keeps the pressure equal on the rings. That's one thing I didn't like about double wrapping was it pulled my saddle off center from the hip rings when really leaning into it, and didn't really articulate at all. . .

Got another ?very much needed? orange machine in today. It?s replacing our 89 model Taylor lift. We also have a 93 model.

We wanted another Taylor but the big one for sale at the white house apparently wasn?t for sale. 10 month wait to get one.

Anyway Taylor couldn?t deliver so Doosan did assembled and delivered from South Korea to us in 3-4months I believe. I just hope it?s a good one.

8ee93242311d5df5e10478eca7417af5.jpg

Our old Taylor was wore slap the f out!

Plywood covered a lot of the areas. Its making wonder about billboard tarps for covering thick or fancy lawns. Its cleaned pretty easily, with some raking.

Always hard to know when to stop cleaning up. The landscapes are pretty manicured.

I have more work to do, now, on the downhill neighbor side (original customer from long ago).

For better and worse, I can spot a stray wood chip, cone, bark flake, etc from too far away.

I kinda lose-out on dollars per hour from being nit-picky, but don't get call-backs for more clean-up, working more towards less bidding- more 'bill me when you're done' customers.

Got another one the other day, a 'just let us know when you're coming, do what need doing' waterfront customer!

Cart makes life easy, some cedar branches to clear out some room in a backyard. No access for chipper, so my new 10 cu ft wheelbarrow helps out. Only 2 trips. Custy rents, my target custys, make enough money for me but cheap enough to get these small jobs, 2 hours, 2 bones, custy kept the chips.
Sean's pics made me sweep the street afterwards......
Traffic in Norfolk and Brant was crazy, bikers for Friday the 13th in Port Dover.

20180713_094858.jpg

20180713_102324.jpg

Denver, beefy looking machine ya got there, congrats.

Let us know how you like it. More and more Doosan popping up out there.

Just leave it better than you found it and you'll be 'aight!
That's our exact standard for cleanup. And it scales somewhat with the customer's own yard care level and demographic. If it's a dumpy place with leaves and sticks already all over it, we remove all debris we generate plus a little more, but certainly don't clean it spotless. If it's a million dollar place with a manicured lawn and narry a leaf to be seen, well that necessitates more raking and a cleaner blow off.

Back