The Official Work Pictures Thread

Little spruce take down, with great view of the Bay. multi top with some serious sap from an old wound. Porcupine damage maybe couldn't figure it out.

Summer is here in Maine again, the migratory sailboat population is back.
f87e68488a802cad1062e5c09c671ca0.jpg
f868a0f37cc08b5af07c333ea1f03005.jpg
f5504cf6870cd8c29315f339dda0b560.jpg

Nice pics! Is your hitchcord attached to the system via double OH stopper knots? I'm behind the times....

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Hand power Cory, I had a couple 5:1's on the mainline tending into a porty.

I noticed the choked lanyard in a video, work positioning off something below you. Works neat.

C30F9091-BD48-4998-A712-3F0C50E84B82.jpg
I get to deadwood this pin oak tomorrow. Got a quarter of it done late this afternoon. Tiny drop zone and lots of stationary targets.

Not necessarily. I hit the same mail truck two days in a row with brush tips on tops and it was moving both times.

I’d have to guess 50-55” DBH. No true center anymore. Gonna be a fun climb. I cleared out the quarter over the house so the main target is done. Now it just a shed, service lines, primaries, a bench that surrounds the base, and a ton of bushes

I think only the bigger chippers will be diesel, at least that?s what some manufacturers are thinking. Or at least they?re preparing for legislation to that effect.

The new petrol ones look ok for the domestic stuff, certainly keep up with a non turbo version of our chipper (st6) from what I?ve seen. They say economy is comparable. I dunno.

I see a lot of peeps in vids lining up brush to chip at the end. That does my head in!

Anyway, I?ll probably be retired or close to it by then.

You freakin wish, mate.

Took down 2 trees by my son's pool. A smallish oak and what apparently was a Royal Empress Tree...a Paulownia. First time I have messed with one. I limbed the oak put my TIP in it and swung over the the Pauly. Limbed it best I could (another sweeping nonvertical tree!) and put a block on the Pauly, topped it and let the oak take part of the load. A little bit of a ride...the top was FULL of nuts and had some weight but it went fine. Got the Pauly down and went back up the oak to top it. There were two high leads...I set the rope to pull one. Alex said let's just take the whole top.

OOOKKK....when we started and I was starting to lower some limbs he said, "Just cut them...they'll probably miss the fence...if not I can fix it easily." Seems I have heard that philosophy here before. :/:

The top went over fine but the top hit first and it kicked back towards the fence...knocked 3 boards loose. But didn't break them...he had them back in place pronto. His plywood shelter over the pool pump and pallet over the pump lines did great. Glad to have those trees out...the Pauly shed leaves (big ones) and nuts a lot..and the oak masted lots of little acorns. Pool maintenance just got easier.

Attachments

• dinosaur tree removal at Alex  (1)resized.jpg
    dinosaur tree removal at Alex (1)resized.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 33
  • dinosaur tree removal at Alex  (4)resized.jpg
    dinosaur tree removal at Alex (4)resized.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 33
  • dinosaur tree removal at Alex  (6)resized.jpg
    dinosaur tree removal at Alex (6)resized.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 33
  • dinosaur tree removal at Alex  (7)resized.jpg
    dinosaur tree removal at Alex (7)resized.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 34
  • dinosaur tree removal at Alex  (9)resized.jpg
    dinosaur tree removal at Alex (9)resized.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 32
  • dinosaur tree removal at Alex  (10)resized.jpg
    dinosaur tree removal at Alex (10)resized.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 33
  • dinosaur tree removal at Alex  (15)resized.jpg
    dinosaur tree removal at Alex (15)resized.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 33
  • dinosaur tree removal at Alex  (16)resized.jpg
    dinosaur tree removal at Alex (16)resized.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 34
  • dinosaur tree removal at Alex  (19)resized.jpg
    dinosaur tree removal at Alex (19)resized.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 32
  • dinosaur tree removal at Alex  (20)resized.jpg
    dinosaur tree removal at Alex (20)resized.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 33
  • dinosaur tree removal at Alex  (21)resized.jpg
    dinosaur tree removal at Alex (21)resized.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 32
  • dinosaur tree removal at Alex  (22)resized.jpg
    dinosaur tree removal at Alex (22)resized.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 33
  • dinosaur tree removal at Alex  (24)resized.jpg
    dinosaur tree removal at Alex (24)resized.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 33
OOOKKK....when we started and I was starting to lower some limbs he said, "Just cut them...they'll probably miss the fence...if not I can fix it easily." Seems I have heard that philosophy here before. :/:
That's a really nice fence! (So says the one on our crew dubbed, "The Repairer of the Fence.")
fencerepair-t-front.jpg

That probably outta read "The Longer I Own A TreeCo,..."

All my fence wrecking days were over pretty quickly.

Easier to not bust them in the first place.

I cleared out the quarter over the house so the main target is done. Now it just a shed, service lines, primaries, a bench that surrounds the base, and a ton of bushes

Oh ok, sounds cake now:/: ;) :O

Back