The Official Work Pictures Thread

Good pics, Mick.

Getting rid of chips via FB... where on there did you place your ad?

Mick is in Europe.
Chips are golden here.

I usually bring mine to the local powerplant, unless it is too far to drive.

They pay me for them.

Mik, is transporting 2 attachments (grapple, bucket) difficult?

No, the bucket can be loaded by hand separately. What I do need is longer ramps to put the grinder into the back of the chip truck, put the chipper behind that and that’s a journey saved.

I've only been chipping since October, everyone has kept it or easily gave it away. Hope it continues!

Some storm cleanup for me. Crab apple. Sucks. I did what I swore I never would do, blow the chips onto a tarp in the back of the f150.... Meh. Worked ok.

20180616_093423.jpg

That's a lotta trouble building a curved bridge like that one. Someone paid a lot extra for that.
It's a trestle bridge if that makes building it easier, I don't know. Sounded cool rolling over it, a nice deep rumble.
I've only been chipping since October, everyone has kept it or easily gave it away. Hope it continues!

Some storm cleanup for me. Crab apple. Sucks. I did what I swore I never would do, blow the chips onto a tarp in the back of the f150.... Meh. Worked ok.

View attachment 87127
Gott a do what ya gott do. Been there don't miss it.

You need a bigger chipper, Raj. Keep that one, let it be your back-up chipper and get you at least a 12 incher... bigger's even better... but not too big.

You can get a chuck and duck cheap, and it will eat branches like no buddy's business... equipment auctions are your friend. Picked mine up for 1100, they had an extra spring on the fuel solenoid, took it off and it fired right up.

I'd like a bigger chipper, first I need to upgrade my driver's license and then register my f350 as commercial.

My 6" 25hp befco chipper is a drum, but with a feed roller. I do need to sharpen the feed roller teeth and increase spring tension. If I have to remove wood,
anything over 4" is firewood for my Dad and I anyway.

How is a c&d dangerous? They will slap you, and you will bleed out chipping locusts, and have high blood pressure after chipping heavily pruned, twisted stuff, but they aren't really dangerous ime... make a few push sticks when you start, toss them directly under the chute, and i always kept my handsaw on my leg so i could quickly trim or nick stuff too large to feed readily.

If they fit into your average job type small chippers rock. Low purchase price, low operating cost, and low tow vehicle requirements. This is especially true if the wood has value in your area. Get a larger one if it is needed but don't get sucked into buying one just because it is what everyone else has.

Also, C&Ds have a much better safety record than large hydraulic feed-roller chippers.

That is actually one of the things that make them safer. They get some respect. The feed rate is scary enough that it is not ignored. Nobody will try and push a branch through with their foot but that happens all the time with a slow feeding hydro-feed chippers.

I bet almost all eating-accidents are feed-wheel chippers.

They are called Chuck and Duck, Throw and Go, not watch the fast eating machine eat and beast the crap it of you.

Everyone should wear face-shields/ screens while chipping.

Chuck and ducks can be run at variable speeds, saving gas.

I mean I've been eaten by mine over and over and over in 12 years.

Market dependent!!! Likes trees in my market, except old fruit trees. Twisty and tangly.

Another view of roofs from the trees...and what's left of me after a day of heat and humidity

Attachments

• IMG_20180613_100012.jpg
    IMG_20180613_100012.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20180611_121141.jpg
    IMG_20180611_121141.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 38
I don't think anyone has walked up to a chuck and duck and thought "yup, this is definitely a machine i can be complacent about, not wear my ppe, and just leisurely make all of this brush disappear..." They take more work to cut stuff to be ideal to go through it, they will slap you, they are somewhat stressful to run, stuff has to be staged correctly, in other words, bigger power feed chippers are better in about every way. But if you need to turn straight branches into chips, and are not moneyed up to buy a big one, they do just fine on a dime :)

Does it really lower the temp of the house significantly? I've been on commercial roofs that are white, but never seen a house one.

Just wear a black shirt in the hot sun, then switch to a white one and report back in.

They've been painting the roofs on schoolbuses white for a long time now.

White reflects, black absorbs.

Back