The Official Work Pictures Thread

I went through about 3 of those Coleman/igloo affairs, they were great till the handle and lid keeps falling off. So I got a new style, had for a couple years now, no signs of wear yet, and it holds a lot more than the Coleman but without being overly huge. It is not insulated so if you leave it in the cab of the bucket with the heat on for a few hours, your bananas will be black. I must have some Brit in me cuz I like everything room temperature, no refrigeration, no heating. Here you go, sir: https://www.amazon.com/Plano-Extra-...d=1525123097&sr=8-2&keywords=plano+marine+box

PS I got rid of the tray. The secret compartment on the lid holds a laser nicely, and eyeglasses which you won't need for 20 years but by then you'll still have the same lunchbox, a bit grimier but hey.

If this thread was visible to lurkers, there were be more new members!

Only visible to members... And one of the best threads!

Did some solo, heavy pruning of a bad, property line maple, more the neighbor's.

I don't understand how groundies can make such an ordeal out of landing pieces.

Two leaders rigged, cut, then i descended and lowered from the porty.
One top rigged through the same rigging ring, just held by hand, then lowered from up top.
No room to spare, 30-35' pieces, but tip-tied/ balanced, hung from a nearby leader.

Easy enough.
Threw some smaller incidental stuff.
Here's one leader. I used the tail of my climbing line as a control line, to be sure the butt would settle smoothly, and keep it out of the crotch during lowering.

BTW, Destubbed before finishing. They made a great ladder. HH self-tends with a little weight on the tail. I went up and down a couple 3,4 times.

IMG_20180430_121929855.jpg IMG_20180430_121953821.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20180430_121933882.jpg
    IMG_20180430_121933882.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 32
This is a big poplar that is being taken out...between two lake houses. We brushed it out last Wednesday...some flat drops, most rigged out with porty. Alex and his FF buddy (home-owner) had to remove the steps to the deck so we could get the brush out...up a hill and to the chipper about 120 feet away. They used 2 redirects to set up a drag system...used Alex's truck to pull the brush. First pull managed to pull Brent's truck (the anchor for a redirect) sideways towards his other car. Lots of "WHOA" going on for a minute til they got that sorted out.:D

Next Wed. we are supposed to drop the spar into the lake....plan is to use a ski boat for the pull. Hope it doesn't rain on us again!

Attachments

• Brent takedown  (1).jpg
    Brent takedown (1).jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 36
  • Brent takedown  (3).jpg
    Brent takedown (3).jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 35
  • Brent takedown  (5).jpg
    Brent takedown (5).jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 36
  • Brent takedown  (7).jpg
    Brent takedown (7).jpg
    187 KB · Views: 36
  • Brent takedown  (10).jpg
    Brent takedown (10).jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 36
  • Brent takedown  (11).jpg
    Brent takedown (11).jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 36
  • Brent takedown  (13).jpg
    Brent takedown (13).jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 36
  • Brent takedown batch two  (1).jpg
    Brent takedown batch two (1).jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 35
  • Brent takedown batch two  (3).jpg
    Brent takedown batch two (3).jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 36
  • Brent takedown batch two  (4).jpg
    Brent takedown batch two (4).jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 36
  • Brent takedown batch two  (7).jpg
    Brent takedown batch two (7).jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 36
  • Brent takedown batch two  (9).jpg
    Brent takedown batch two (9).jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 36
and more.....

Attachments

• Brent takedown batch two  (11).jpg
    Brent takedown batch two (11).jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 38
  • Brent takedown batch two  (12).jpg
    Brent takedown batch two (12).jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 37
  • Brent takedown batch two  (13).jpg
    Brent takedown batch two (13).jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 36
  • Brent takedown batch two  (14).jpg
    Brent takedown batch two (14).jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 37
  • Brent takedown batch two  (15).jpg
    Brent takedown batch two (15).jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 37
I remember you discussing that one before.

I have dropped pop rings in the water (accidentally) and they have sunk to the bottom and stayed there.

I’m sure it’ll float (hopefully)

Looking more carefully, it looks quite shallow, if that spar gets rammed into the lake bed it’ll take more than a ski boat to free it.

Just looking at worst case scenarios...

Wow...had not even crossed my mind.

Would be interesting to lash two 55 gallon plastic drums to the tip to prevent that....:D

I had thought about it sucking to stick it in the lake bed. I saw no stubs in the pics, thought to mention, but Mick beat me to the punch.

A couple logs off the top won't hurt. I imagine it getting cut up anyway. You don't want to cut it up in the lake, do you?

I had customers who wanted me to dump a big cottonwood in the lake, intact.
Would have been a big fan splash, then unimaginable work. Would have clogged up the neighboring resort's boat dock area, when it was forever stuck in the mud, had I tried that approach.

I cut Doug-fir branch stubs off a root-failed tree in the lake. They sank.

I wore chest waders and limbed and bucked logs in the water, floating them to a ramp made of two small logs, rather than roll up the sand beach before cutting rounds.

They want 20 foot logs to take to mill....supposed to tow 20 foot logs across lake to ramp where they will winch onto trailer

Healthy, green stick, looks like there is a fine lay between the bulkhead and the house, since the stairs are down.

Who's getting the log value? Who's taking the risk? Is the job to fall it into the water, or fall it into the water and make it floatable?

Will you have any permitting flack from Fish and Wildlife, or such?

Big ole silver maple today. Trunk wood was solid but nothing above that was. We had some room to work so it went well.
31B39842-B50E-4E76-8E6E-B06E8AE1F9ED.jpg
Off by five with only the stump and restoration to go. Also was given confirmation on a crane removal. Slightly over 100? radius. 100 ton crane is gonna be there
1D3FB6BC-9D56-48DB-8229-EE9B9D773E7C.jpg
It?ll b interesting.

Cool on the crane upcoming. Looks like you will have fun setting up some good picks...balance points should be a challenge.

Is this the first crane job for the company you work for?

Back