The Official Work Pictures Thread

Nice felling guys!

I had to get down 6 grey pines and one toasted cedar...just stack em and rack em, no clean up.....the HO wanted high stumps so I delivered high stumps

001.jpg

I got to try out our new 461 at work today. I haven't run a 46 for a long time. It will probably be my next saw purchase, assuming I don't trash one of the saws I have now and need to replace it.

IMG_3938.jpg

40ish foot rotten split applish type tree. Leaning on cable and phone. A couple other tree co said they were going to do it, never showed up. I had no buisness doing it solo, 2 maasdams 90deg apart pulling and a 5to1 pulling up the center. Rotten hinge, was the best sounding wood with a hammer. Took as many branches I could with the 18ft pole saw. Didn't go where I was aiming, but it didn't go anywhere bad. I wish I had a skid steer!! ;)

View attachment 81823

View attachment 81824

View attachment 81825

View attachment 81826

View attachment 81827

View attachment 81828
One FUGLY tree right there Pete!

Sometimes it's easier 1) for the ground crew 2) to set it down to take more pieces even IF you can do it in less.

The man in the Manitex pretty much did it all.

We cleaned up a tree in the road.

I broke the clevis grease pin on the curl cylinder, splaying the clevis on my mini. Off to the repair shop tomorrow. So it goes.

Got the 2 8' saw logs loaded with a chain into the chip bed. Rest of it went to a friend, who came and loaded his truck, twice.

Cool pick, Sean.

I got to use a crane last week...my 45,000 lb crane pick last Wednesday. I'll start a thread later...this is a teaser:

Attachments

• crane lift  (30).jpg
    crane lift (30).jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 50
  • crane lift  (37).jpg
    crane lift (37).jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 50
  • crane lift  (33).jpg
    crane lift (33).jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 50
I've hired in some big link belts in my limited crane experience. Cool units.

I turned these guys onto the Senas and I bumped into him a little while back and he was exclaiming about how much he loved them, equipped all the guys/units.

http://armstrongcrane.ca/equipment/

I've had both the 75 and 90 hoisting before.

Rich is the winner!!! Though I like Squisher's guess best....man cave!!!:lol:

It is a mobile CT x-ray system that they will use beside the building...Rich for the win!

Paul...I had you in mind for this one especially...figured you would like this kind of thing. I'll load the dedicated thread with pictures.

It was a 100 ton crane.

I talked to a guy who did major crane work for a living. He said they would load 6 million pounds of counterweight on some of these crazy crawler cranes. Could lift amazing loads at about zero boom angle, 300 feet out. I don't remember is he worked for Ness Crane out of Seattle area or not. A customer's friend, who he bottles wine with, one of which is on my counter.

Said it would take about a month and a half to assemble the cranes, on site.

I HAD some pictures...then I dropped my tablet and broke the screen...no touchy swipey any more :(

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dQZnccmbllY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This kinda thing, I'm guessing. He mentioned having the main line reeved 50 times.

Back