The Official Work Pictures Thread

Cheers.

Taken down quite a few large spruces and pines but didnt exactly want to ask the Groundy to get my camera out on the first day.

I am sure there will be some opportunities when the sun comes out. I won't look so much of a twat then.

Bob, Holly burns like coal.

Used in wood inlays, and turned. Something is done to preserve the whiteness, iirc, but I don't know.

IMG_20170928_113312596_HDR.jpg IMG_20170928_135452903.jpg IMG_20170927_105014699_HDR.jpg

Removed the two Cypress on the ends of a row due to encroachment in sun and view of Hope Island State Park, canopy raised a redwood in a narrow spot between houses.

Steep driveway, poor access. Barely pulled my loaded trailer out. My F350 only has a 5.4L. Heavy load.

Adios Cypresses bavk to neverland.

My back was pinging so I Asked Mike to climb for me today, did great cleaned up a maple and end weight reduction and deadwood over 1.5 inches from a good sized coast live oak ...

5dd848f172593333469ebecd8a77315e.jpg
fb479b1fc19c845433d687b55f03f767.jpg
24e985c7dce7ab60842f1c93f6282ac9.jpg
65177957a3a5b367ce508ea7d8fcecba.jpg
aeac036c8e2a35437404277896909bc2.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Finished off a few from yesterday and need to finish this one yet today. Getting tired and worn out. I need a break
IMG_2038.jpg IMG_2040.jpg

And yet another surprise! New pump that was installed in January decided to start leaking. Truck gets inspected Monday and I gave them a heads up on it. Hopefully they bring a new pump with them.
IMG_2039.jpg

Sean Ruel!! Good to see ya pokin in once in a while! Throw up the pics, dude, who cares??

Brian: Wow. Some serious riggins like nobody's business.

Grendel Sam: Pretty sweet lookin Rope Wrench rig. Nice work too.

Deva: Cool Oak-prune pics. Man, it's good to see a new-guy who actually loves this stuff.

Justin: Moisture Meter?? Do tell. Canadia must require a higher IQ per resident er somthin.

UK Rich: Looked like some poor rat had made his house in the tree you killed. You UK guys are a heartless lot.

Paul: Man.................... Why don't we have a crane-envy emoji in the house??

US Rich: Man................... LASER double-cut. You better back off kid, I'm gettin freakin pissed. :lol: But seriously though.

O.k... We finally had a Maple removal. Super easy (tons of space) but it was freakin TALL and I had to go way up, (sorry about the sideways action... Aron took it. Plus, you can hardly even see me atop the stump up there.) cause the back lead was all tangled up in the woods trees.

IMG_1521.jpg unnamed-1477.jpg
unnamed-1478.jpg unnamed-1475.jpg

Cory: I couldn't find the "Taught-Line Appreciation Thread."...... Man.... coolest knot in the world. Old school. When I put two half-hitch stopper knots in the tail, it keeps the whole mess out of the way of your hand, so that you can work the knot just perfectly. Man... on 24-strand.... you can just work some slack into it (when the taught-line is bumped up hard against the stopper) via the "bridge," and the slack just peels out via gravity if you're not in a pitchy tree. I freakin loves me a Taught Line. Rock on, Butch.

unnamed-1476.jpg

Jed, if you wrap your two upper wraps in the opposite direction of the lower wraps then the taut line hitch won't roll out on you. Old skool. 8)

Loved the taughtline for years. Jed you pushed me on my hinges. You set the bar pretty high so I've had to practice, study, learn, and practice some more to catch up to your level of precision. I do enough not so perfect cuts as well. Jed you sir are the tall skinny slayer!

Paul I know I need a crane. Some day

My partner took a pic of this crazy 90 degree sand pine with the sun behind it. It was just as hot as the sun makes it look. We had already taken one off the roof after Irma and the homeowner wanted four more around the house gone. Why two were still standing is beyond me.
IMG_1508.JPG.jpg

The storm prolly blew the straight easy one over to make you earn your money on that one:D
IMG_2041.jpg
Yet another dying ash. I took this picture right after Deevo texted me about the TCI expo this year. He told me the same thing Paul did. Get a crane. Can you believe he wouldn't drive his down from maple syrup land to help me out today?:lol: Oh well it was a pretty easy day for "side" work. Three routine ash removals plus some hazzard trims and a bit of garden sunlight pruning for the nieghbor.

Best part of the day was when one of my crew called me to tell me that I'm making the boss very nervous. I like this. Pay raise may be on my next check.

Back