The Official Work Pictures Thread

Yeah Griff, Boxalder was looming over the yard shed. We set a remote block and lifted if with their GRCS. Got to work with a guy with 34 years in the game today. That was pretty cool. He was showing me pictures of this pile of Grouse and Goose he'd taken, and I casually asked about the four wheeler they were sitting on. . . 23,000 miles on a Honda 650! Mind Blown. haha

Both Sam's slammin timber like a bunch of freakin bosses. That's cool on the contract gig Grendel. Up there with the likes o Reg, now.

Reg: Thanks for the "anti-harmonic," advice. Dang pertinent. Easy ta fergit!!

Yippee Skippee Lookee the Zippee. Dang good tree for it... saved us out a ton. Line angle determined by parked cars. :|: Swept that Ford Exploder with a leaf er two. :|: I remember thinkin, "What if that had been the butt, stinkin Jed?" :|:

unnamed-1468.jpg unnamed-1469.jpg unnamed-1470.jpg unnamed-1471.jpg unnamed-1472.jpg

Even for you, jedidiah, that cottonwood hinge is beauty!!

Any detail photos of the winch mount and swivel would be much appreciated, Reg. How does it manage changing load angles?

Here's a couple pics Sean. Works the same whatever the angle. So it's handy if you're having to redirect a time or two, off near by trees or whatever, before it's time to pull it directly into the chipper.
2017-09-22 17.03.27.jpg 20170922_131058.jpg

It's like,I can't tell which side is the back cut man. Awesome shots Jed,at first it looked like an action shot and all the leaves are still falling!

Some good size crane work going on there! Nice job😎

Holly shitt! I didn't realize they get tree size. Excellent work,no envy here haha. Seems massive to me👍

Wow good pic showing off Brutus' capability!

45' holly?? Yikes!!

The can go 60'+, and invasive. Holly berries getting shat out all over by birds, I think.

How did you go about it, Bob? A highline?

Holly is on our top 10 invasive list. This year over 200 robins at a time visited the tree for about a month, and picked every last red berry clean off the thing. They would sit in neighboring trees watching and waiting for the berries to ripen. Had purple poop all over everything.

Sean, I climbed and brushed out some of it first, then set a highline, which just seemed to make things easier. You can see it in the pic. The long branches were so convoluted, and growing at weird angles. Every branch was a fight.

One thing amazing to me is how a holly leaf can fall to the hard pan dirt underneath and end up sticking straight up by the stem. Then, I can walk by with my 200mph Stihl blower, but the leaf won't budge. I have to reach down a pluck it with my fingers. I can't imagine I would ever plant one of these things on purpose.

Its a honda 4 stroke, sounds cool, bit heavier than the old ones but starts really easily. Hopefully they hold up as well as the old ones, time will tell.....

Back