The Official Work Pictures Thread

Only problems I can see with those sliders is that the chunks are awkward for firewood processing, look bad if you're stacking them in the corner of your clients garden, and are difficult to load into a trailer efficiently.

Well I think that's exactly where the slider would help,wouldn't have to make the salami cut to get a fat chunk to slide off. I'm thinking could cut a 3ftish long fat chunk without having those stupid angles from the slip cut to deal with,just imo obviously

Well I think that's exactly where the slider would help,wouldn't have to make the salami cut to get a fat chunk to slide off. I'm thinking could cut a 3ftish long fat chunk without having those stupid angles from the slip cut to deal with,just imo obviously

I'm a bit confused, looking at your last picture that front lump is what I'm talking about.

Willie :thumbup:
Rajan, Nice work!
Sean, Great job done!
Bodean, wow! What a job site.
Sam, nice jobs!
Hope I didn't miss anyone!

Nothing exciting here, only thing note worthy was the HO already took down the cable line for me when he dropped a small tree, gave me room to drop this one for him. Dropped 2 smaller ones before this. Easy peasey, HO clean up.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WVuGVb8MTw8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

No longer confused! You DIDN'T use the slider!! Figured it out, sorry.

I carry a small plastic wedge and mini felling lever on my belt for that sort of thing.

No longer confused! You DIDN'T use the slider!! Figured it out, sorry.

I carry a small plastic wedge and mini felling lever on my belt for that sort of thing.

Ya Mick exactly,that last lump actually is a salami cut type and the funky angles kinda make it a bit ,well..... Lame in a sense. The lever is the other option,I just got a new one but left it in my garage 😩 I did use a couple pocket wedges to keep my cut open fwiw.

A bit of Irma related work yesterday...we used a cut off limb for a belay friction point...will post some picts of that later.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jtuBANP7LqM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rollatube, or some such roller. Seems pretty much like 3/8" hardwood dowels on a string would do the same. I have had some in the truck, but never used them.

I'm partial to Magic cutting over pushing, and it works for tall logs as well as short, always with me, and the truck is full, as is. I can see efficiency in a tool, though.

Nice lay Peter,I would've been real glad the HO was cleaning that up. lol

Righteous Gary,power pruner sure does come in handy at times. That was a cool looking break ,all them split fibres

Nice one Gary.

Those split and torn fibres are a real pain to cut through, they grab really badly.

Watching the Caribbean get a second flogging from hurricane Maria...poor people. Bda got two back to back in 2014, yes, lots of trees damaged but Island infrastructure was up and running in days after the first one and only a couple weeks after the second. Direct hit from both, eye wall right over the top. 400 years of weathering hurricanes has shaped the architecture and infrastructure. Bda doesn't flood though, and everyone has their own water supply under the house.

Been hindered with some kind of bug this week. haven't felt well at all. Long days don't seem to help with recovery either. But I'm over the worst I think. Slammed a few today in Saanich. Lots of sawing still to do, but no more climbing at least.
P1000558 (1024x768).jpg P1000559 (1024x768).jpg P1000574 (1024x768).jpg P1000576 (1024x768).jpg P1000601 (1024x768).jpg P1000626 (1024x768).jpg P1000631 (1024x768).jpg P1000646 (1024x768).jpg P1000667 (1024x768).jpg P1000703 (1024x768).jpg P1000712 (1024x768).jpg P1000719 (1024x768).jpg P1000746 (1024x768).jpg P1000770 (1024x768).jpg P1000787 (1024x768).jpg

Holy cow those are a bunch of great shots!!! Thanks for posting

What is the plan for cleanup on that huge mess?

Back