The Official Work Pictures Thread

I've a 3/4" scar on my left forearm from a piece of mushroomed over steel wedge shooting back. All I saw was a red streak flying back. You wouldn't think that a glancing blow might make a piece turn red hot somehow, but that's how it worked. If hit in the eye you'd be very damaged no doubt. It didn't hit my arm directly, just sliced it passing by.

Reg/Burnham: Loved that "landmines," sentiment. Brilliant stuff. I uhhh.... man, I'm just getting so stinkin lazy. I almost never wear chaps anymore. Burnham: I'm gonna remember that about eye-pro untill it's an impediment. Good stuff.

Rajan: Freakin animal.

Sam: Man, that pig looked hard as a stinkin rock just from the image. Honey locust? no... what was it though? Weird bark.

Bigtwig: Man you do some big stinkin work.

Reg: That Cougar shot is so amazing.

Rich: Man. Good work, man. All's I can say. Ohhh... were you seriously in the spurs for that long??? Wow. All's I can say is, wow. Musta sucked raw sulfur.

Trimming up some date palms, for some reason, custy decided he wanted this one to disappear. Saw clogging bugger.

Nice pastor Ray!

Ive givin up on palms altogether these days....wish there was a better way to dispose of...

Wow, Ray... looks like a job and a half from where I sit.

Man, I did a Weeping Alaskan Cedar today... man, I bet I've cut down just about 30 of these things before, but... MAAAANNN, do they smell good. Here's my big "action" shot. :lol:

unnamed-1430.jpg

Pig of an Alaskan, really (for our area).

Nice shot, but I have lots of those too. Looking at the shot, you realize, geez how can you tell the tree isn't stationary, as in hung up, instead of in motion and cracking. More fun to witness live than see the pic.

Be honest Jed you left a dutchman and she stalled. Right? It's ok it happens to even the best of us. If you just talk about it you'll feel better. :D

IMG_1882.jpg
All I got from yesterday. Easy little dead ash to drop. The boom was used for big rotten silver maple that I didn't have time to snap a pic of. We were out till 8 last night finishing up. Just to much for a 3 man crew to do in a day, but the nieghbors gave us access and we didn't want to have plywood in his yard any longer than necessary.

The old stall trick, good call, though cedar is generally too weak to stall.

Rajan, earlier I was asking your opinion of the terex lift in your pics, care to discuss? Thanks..

Nah. About 20" diameter and 60' tall. Wouldn't have been a tight lay but the boss came out and said the chipper would be fine. I had to turn it a bit torward a maple to let the tops go past the chute just to prove him wrong with out hitting it. Would've just been tips but I had a point to prove to him.
IMG_1881.jpg
He lost the bet and had to make a Wendy's run for lunch:D

Back