The Official Work Pictures Thread

I'll always be 'work in progress', Burnham. Walked into my share of landmines in the past, but never looked to blame anyone else.

As we all should be and do, Reg. Full admiration from this end of the bar. Let's order another round:).

Work Pics Thread 2.0!

Little eucs to take out,I did the one on the left,was over the house and such,lil ropin and out.
Green guy did the easier one.he managed...
3c7ad2b33b34d5fd78766878a5c5e964.jpg
ac6c79b7ccba13e445f4265be69d0555.jpg
a34578ed6ac75844015c41784e9a2dee.jpg
ea0a89c24cf9da0b26c2f164ae4ab6fe.jpg
3496bb51d0dc6eea696abcb2180dced2.jpg
b244dc046220496ba194b4b3f969bfe5.jpg
916bd45053c521caf6bfa934b49ed1fd.jpg

Nice pics Sgriff. Eucs are one of my favourite trees for a TD. (Should have gone to Oz I guess)

Ps, what's the Be Leaf sticker on the Husky?

Thnx all👍.
You guys nailed it,probably just over 100' Jim,Stephen too lol tall skinny and when i was bumping the tops out I caught a break and a breeze kikd up!(blowing in the wrong direction of course - but a very good feeling wind)

Mick,the sticker is just some Sherrillstuff swagg sticker. Funny cause I have a real love hate thing with the eucalyptus myself... I would get sick of em for sure if i was in Australia,but idk there are a shitload here in san diego. Oldest one I ever cut was about 125 years old.

Ha, I live in Oz...can count on the fingers of one hand the number of eucs I've worked in!! Even today went to look at a property...elm, oak, ash and a mystery tree...

With over 700 species of Eucalyptus, that may be simplifying it a bit too much!

Euc bark looks exactly like our sycamore.
Are they hard as a rock?

Like Stig said, they can vary but mostly the bark of a Euc has a much higher water content so on average is much softer than a Sycamore. Older trees can have huge plates of uneven and loose, hard bark on the lower sections. It will peel and catch on your flip line and you need to watch your step but once past that they are great trees to spur. Big Eucs are fantastic trees to climb.

Mostly here we get a sort called Blue Gum I believe, cuts nice, burns ok but a bastard to split by hand.

Reacts strongly to heavy topping (meaning it loves it)

Be honest Jed you left a dutchman and she stalled. Right? It's ok it happens to even the best of us. If you just talk about it you'll feel better. :D

Dang, I can't slip NOTHIN by you brothers. You guys SUCK!!! :lol:

Rich: But what I want to know is... did he actually go out and get you guys some Wendy's, or did he just placate you guys with, "Aright, aright... you guys win... I'll go out and get you guys some Wendy's." And then he never shows up with the promised Wendy's, so you call him on it, and, of course, he then just tries to laugh it off like a great big, intolerable, little weasle? Because... if the latter, that that's MY shop inside and out. No man... all I've been doin is little trees this week like this Norway...

unnamed-1431.jpg

I know... I know... You guys want to lick up all a that sap, but DON'T. It tastes freakin CRAZY!

...And then this little Birch. One really hilarious thing though... these construction guys didn't want to fall this pig, because it back-leaned into Lake Washington, so they called us. I wasn't sure if I had good enougy footing to bang wedges, so I hung a rope in it... anyways... all the construction guys came out to watch... I wanted to impress them so I started bangin away, and shure enough... she started comming right over... till I (must have been a bit nervous tryin to impress all them guys) dropped my axe right into the freakin drink.......... MAN! All them boys just started ROARING! I tried to give a goofy little compulsory smile (I must have been as red as a tomato) and then Joe and I put er in the Maasdaam and pulled it right over. Man, that stupid little tree blew all kinds of dirt up in our faces when she come over... the boys were laughing again. I always try to give a pretty good little show when I can.

Nasty little Dutchman, low back cut, and misaligned diagonal. I was nervous... let's be honest. Man it SUCKS trying to impress people.

unnamed-1432.jpg

Right on the waters edge there Jed. Might wanna tie a leash on that axe next time. Oh and the boss just got out his pen and paper and wrote down the order. He was back in 20 minutes.

Fun story Jed!...so who had to get the axe out of the drink??..or was it left in there..lol

Back