The Official Work Pictures Thread

Effin' A, brother. You keep upping your game, Stephen.

Bet there was more movement than we can really see from afar, Gary...having been there at that high on a limbed spar a time or two; pretty sure it was swayin' right good, but smooth enough, sure.

Cut it at about 125 ish after loosing some more brush. You might see a second saw up there. It swayed some. Wide open face, last minute nip in the back when she committed to lessen the pop and push. Taper went up size pretty quick. Why the second saw with a 20" bar. Took it down to about 45-50 foot at about 28 dia., now it will fit.

Not to be a dillhole, but...

I'm a lazy bastardo. In that scenerio - instead of hassling with hauling up the pulline, I would have climbed high and stripped out the limbs on the light side, and (with a 'lil push... or not) tossed that sucker into the LZ.

;)

Pull line was already in the tree from zip lining over the creek ;)
Wraptor up line with two saws and get to work with loop runners I took up as well to finish it out.
As crispy as it was Butch, you may have had second thoughts about how high you would get.
Honestly, I could have tipped the top with a wedge. We have been getting wind gusts over there. Rope was 1/2 " insurance that was already there.

Sounds like the prudent path. Butch could have made it happen his way...but being the smart and experience treeman he is, prolly would have tracked down the same way you chose, Stephen.

Just betting, :D.

I'll do that with the big live one I get to do tomorrow...
But we will be using a zip line to move the brush down a steep hill, across a creek and onto a road better part of 100 feet away. Then throw the top and yard the clean up like Reg did that cedar in his vid. Dunno if I will finish it tomorrow. Might take me 1.5 days me and two ground. Only I will leave a throw line in it and resume a month later with a WRAPTOR ride. ;)
Shot my access line into the tree end of day at about 100 feet. Should be good fun :P

Believe me, I just didn't want to holler over the noise of the chipper chipping, then have one of the groundies haul out the line.

Some good pics.
I found this big ol oak burl picture from a lotta years back, fun to see again
1e141181ab6f8242f3493e217fb9efe9.jpg

I'm fooling around with some video software on my old laptop. Some little tree work, at least not a stump grinding video!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4qc_f750lHo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back