The Official Work Pictures Thread

image.jpg Semi strategic dead oak removal today, got it half done workin solo. Lotsa cut n Chuck, very little lowering rope work.

I like solo work more n more of late, lotsa forethought, nothin terribly risky if yu take your time n use lotsa redirects.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 68
Nope, just off the shop n not on the propane tank or it's plumbing. I'll drop the trunk uphill tomorrow.

Jomo

could you hear the twin peaks theme music up there Jed?

Nah, but only cause I've never even seen the show, Sean. Dude! P.M. me your address, and I'll get yer wrench back... it'll give me the push I need to spring for the Akimbo.

Willie: Congrats!!

Mick: Those were some really beautiful pics. Cool to see how Mac Doogle Fir grows in another neck of the woods. Pretty shrewd advice on how to sweeten the bitter of the price of stump-grind. 8)

Jomo: Was that anywhere near Julien, brother? Looks similar to the country my wife grew up near. Could smell the Oak through the laptop.

Buncha little stuff lately, like this Sycamore (London Plane). Blows me away how "grabby," for lack of a better description, that a square-filed chain will be in that stuff. Cuts like a sonofagun though. Kinda fun wood to cut, really. Look at the grain in the hinge, if you would.

unnamed-1226.jpg

Sycamore's are bizarre wood grain trees for sure, wood rots away to nothin. But when it's wet n alive, incredibly tough n tenacious!

Makes an excellent base plate for splittin firewood by hand, cuz it don't split, not by hand anyway.

They're a living hell to work when the balls bloom n explode!

Good thing for you it's winter Jed.

Dead oak's out in the sticks of Jamul Jed, lotsa mountain lions n skunks.

Jomo

Jed, Best office views of PNW!

I miss it out there.

Brace yourself.
Here's my work pic card.
Don't ask.

ac081ea0869f4c9186544b7f5c73cdff.jpg

85fc3ac9ed75ab780db8a8f9d5b7708c.jpg

Another job....Poplar reductions.
Fun at the top on a breezy for sheezy...

30a29fd681bed295b21c2fbbae2e20dc.jpg

7e0a64a8a29d8da5900e12e726b4d1d9.jpg

Waiting on these guys, so I can leave the truck alone and go climb....before I get a tricket.

7e8d5b77076ced2c3310d6ffc5e377e8.jpg

Cool looking stump Jed. A friend had a sycamore we cut sawn into boards and decked his trailer with it. It's hard as nails.
I've got fishing rods bigger than what you're tied into Deva!

Picked up this job yesterday. Home Owner is concerned this big oak might fall her way someday...her bedroom is on the corner. So the tree goes. There is some root comopromise from grading so she may have a valid point. I worked it solo today...4 hours to limb it and get it reduced this far. 45 minutes to finally get a good line placement for efficient access :X Several ricochet shots...almost just right but not good enough.

It really was satisfying getting to wreck the tree...bombed almost all the limbs, no rigging. She gave permission to wreck whatever under-story I needed to but I still tried to avoid the smaller under-trees. Good practice swinging wood. I plan to take the chipper back tomorrow for the brush and to fell the spar...I'll regret all the bombing when I have to untangle it to chip it. A contractor friend is bringing his Bobcat the get all the bigger wood....he burns lots of wood.

The HO came out as I finished and was so happy the threat was now gone. She said she told her husband she had a man there who had "emasculated that tree". :lol:

Augustin  (1) RESIZED.jpg
Augustin  (3) RESIZED.jpg
Augustin  (5) RESIZED.jpg
Augustin  (9) RESIZED.jpg
Augustin  (10) RESIZED.jpg
Augustin  (12) RESIZED.jpg
Augustin  (15) RESIZED.jpg
Augustin  (17) RESIZED.jpg
Augustin  (19) RESIZED.jpg

Killer work Ya'll!!

My record amount of mistletoe from one valley oak...two climbers little over a half day.....

022.jpg

Worked til after dark last night chipping brush. Returned to site this morning to drop the spar. Ended up doing the whole job solo...keeps the dough in my pocket!!

Attachments

• 20170227_111730.jpg
    20170227_111730.jpg
    381.7 KB · Views: 54
  • 20170227_111744.jpg
    20170227_111744.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 54
Back