The Official Work Pictures Thread

I relooked, I can't tell for sure if he is inside or outside. Hopefully he makes a habit of safe positioning.

I've always wanted one of those for my bota. Now I have no use for one though. I'll be interested to read how it works out for you Mick.

So far it's been good, it certainly bought me a day on that job (there was other stuff to do there as well)
So that was a half of its purchase recouped in one hit.
I'm reconsidering my intended purchase of a mini loader now because the tractor can do loading (not as well admittedly but 300kg at a time) the winch can forward wood as well, it is it's primary function really. So it's a kind of Swiss Army knife of an arb tool.
I'm daydreaming of a bigger chip truck now, I've identified that as a bottleneck in our working day.

How useful was BrendonV's BMG mounted hydraulic capstan? Anyone recall?

I don't believe that winch would have anywhere near the capabilities of the one Mick just got. Whole other ballgame imo. The attachment Mick just got effectively turns his tractor into a skidder. And skidders can move a lot of wood and can pull hard. I think regardless of the little grapple mounted capstans ability to pull the limiting factor will be the weight and stability of it vs the tractor attachment.

I know Jim, I struggle for meaning in my life. I try to fill that yawning chasm in my soul with "stuff"

Heh. We live, we die. Might as well have some 'stuff'. I plan to do my agonizing and feeling guilty after I'm dead. What did I read the other day? "If there is a hell, it must be full of so many scientists by now that it's probably air conditioned". Count me in!

Nice winch Mick. Great pics everyone else.

A couple of picture from Monday and Tuesday. We reduced the Beech tree on the rear boundary by approx 5-6 foot off the top and tidied up the sides. Tuesday similar, only a Hornbeam this time.

Standard work for the Uk. Whether you agree or disagree with reducing trees, it makes up a large part of being an arb In the UK.

57c2b439734687a9e95034cc0e9cd934.jpg

c0db565f13ef5d463b6ba73eaa7341a2.jpg

Rich

Biggun: Of course we disagree, if for no other reason than that it just looks soooo stinkin hard. Wow, man... you guys just earn every penny of whatever they're payin ya. Must make a man out of you at the very least.

Sam: Beauty pine. Looks a bit of a pig.

Ohio Rich: Dude, I laugh out loud every time you talk about hiding something from the boss. Man, it's like you and I work for the same stinkin outfit.

Mick: Nice winch. You've got to get some more stuff up here. Beautiful stuff. I always hate you and Cory for being so stinking modest.

Max: Please, please, please keep up the good work with the pic posting. I always love your beautiful stuff. I've got half a mind to turn Russian. I'm already Orthodox for crying out loud.

Stephen/Deva: Man, if I were smart (I said "IF" you guys, give me a break.) I'd never post even one of my measly Fir pics again. As it is, it appears I've few other friends, so I'll keep it up.

I've been doing NOTHING but small removals lately (kinda poor pic fodder imho). It's like every single little HOA in our area just suddenly up and decided to cut all of their trees down.

Here's a little resi-job from yesterday. Dead/punky Fir cut head high to try to find some sound wood (climbed up it to get the pic), and then a ton of little alders, and then this somewhat nicer alder.

unnamed-1072.jpg unnamed-1073.jpg unnamed-1074.jpg

Mick, what kind of power on that's winch. Looks like a nice addition, for sure!. Is that a tow hitch down low? I'm looking on a phone screen.

IMG_20161109_114104177_HDR.jpg

Getting toward the end of the storm work. This maple caught the broken to off one leader on the broken trunk of another leader, cracking the inclusion. Pruning and retention.

Then pounded over 3 cedars into the woods, and one maple out of the woods... Homeowner cleanup.

8a053803668443f3e95bca8b4eb0ddc5.jpg
f6cdf16daa359870a43085fc28819fd2.jpg

Here's a fun one...... Shearing a vine that's growing on a 30 ft tall house. Mind numbing!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

:lol: @ Jed.
Dude, your killin it. Trade you trees all day long... We have a lot shaped like yours in poderosa as well... We are just dealing with the pigs right now in a grove that was nurtured (almost 200 year old homestead).
Come on down if you ever want to kill some.. plenty here mang for a working vacation :lol:

Out in the Motherload near Coloma, $$golden$$ pines in the gold country today, got a bunch to do

Just some fun size goldie pondies
009.jpg

021.jpg

some really bad rot in that trunk...:|:
012.jpg

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 63
Back