The Official Work Pictures Thread

All good Jim.

Must be the season for Maples though. Removed this tall skinny guy on the left today. My phone ran out of power though, so I can't even boast an areal pic of my plywood catcher's mit. Worked a champ again though guys... Honest Uncle. :lol:

unnamed-1081.jpg

Glad you like it Jed. By no means did I create it....only spreading the info.

I used it every other day working in Marin.....backyard sideslope big tree chunking with the house below downhill.

Once I watched a fatty round bounce right out of the Mitt and continue downhill and slap the side of the house flat....no damage but scared the monkey out of me. Hit a root in the bottom of the mitt.

Plywood is a God send.

Those days were nuts....more chances.

Watched a round miss the hole and bounce downhill crossing a two lane road into the rough. Nauseating.

Heard of the one bounced the road and crashed through the church doors and stopped at the pulpit.

Watched my buddy push one off the stick.....side bounced, picked up speed missed the propane feed by a foot and then busted the garage side door open, rolling between the cars, sounding the house alarm all across the neighborhood....of course the neighbors were at work...bells ringing forever. I was so grateful that it wasn't me. Laugh now.

Oh the stories of the tree chunk....lol.

Stairs anyone?

256df700aa23433a7832e48ccf765700.jpg

Carl, is there a machine that does stairs?

Stairs anyone?

256df700aa23433a7832e48ccf765700.jpg

Carl, is there a machine that does stairs?

Isn't there a tri-wheel power dolly that goes up stairs? Possibly a rental. They make manual ones.

That's a winch with a speedline that you're needing. Maybe a steel tripod for a high rigging point.

Deva... now you're scaring me away from the Catcher's Mitt.

Man, tree-trimmin lands you in some weird spots sometimes. Our silly, young, new estimator put all-day money on this 20" Arbutus removal that we could get entirely with the bucket, at a huge steel manufacturer in Seattle. I made Jake go up and side-trim a buncha Maples after so we wouldn't get back too early. Didn't work... I wound-up sharpening my feed-wheel blades with a hand-grinder... MAN that sucks!

unnamed-1082.jpg unnamed-1083.jpg

Andy and Jake mind the slag-heap. (I think they're old castings really.)

unnamed-1084.jpg

Sorry about the shots... we're at that time of year where it's pretty much dark all the time over here. :lol:

I have this gigantic lake right next to me. It kind of blunts the season change. Hardly seen a snowflake so far, but once it starts, that same lake can bury us. . . haha

Back onto the removals today. Work was halted a couple of weeks ago on a development at a manufacturing plant. Suspected bats in the trees. Batman came out and endoscoped them and gave us the all clear to remove. However, he wanted it left where it landed so he could double check for bats.

Bit late now!

We straight felled the first tree and then the wind started picking up. Due to some palisade fencing on the perimeter we decided to reduce risk and climb it. That took another 45 mins for the work at permit to be issued.

Took longer to do the site induction and wait for approval permits than it did to do the job itself.

d5f2faf8dd369e22b85b9efceb12f15d.jpg

3458fde4755fbda03643c1133d486a77.jpg

018ab6a742030c53b79d3b5e15e06b1d.jpg

Rich

Nice work Rich. You guys can keep the snow. Brantford is in the middle of a banana belt. Mildish winters. Go towards London and Burlington and the snow gets deeper.

Back