The Official Work Pictures Thread

Cool vid....one link led to several others. Great that you got so much work, but what a catastrophic situation that has become.

Drives me a little nutz at times Reg. Like you said, great we have tons of work. But I just want to shut the phones off. No way I can even see all the calls and do all the estimates. I don't want to get any bigger. I did not become a tree man to climb dead pines day in and day out and watch people cry over their forest. I wanted to do tree care, pruning and such.
Rare it was that we ever took any down. I mean a few calls per year. You knew the trees were too crowded. But only a few would let you manage them and thin them out. Now..... holy crap ..... Jason and I each stripped and topped a 200' footer today. Mine had a double top. Three tanks of fuel in the 200T... I came down after the tops flew. Wraptor back up those bad boys Monday and finish reducing them with a larger saw.
Dave (thattreeguy) is on his way out this week to give us a hand.
This one property we were on and still are, has hundreds of dead on 80 acres

Rare it was that we ever took any down. I mean a few calls per year. You knew the trees were too crowded. But only a few would let you manage them and thin them out. Now..... holy crap ..... Jason and I each stripped and topped a 200' footer. Mine had a double top. Three tanks of fuel in the 200T...

Dayum!!!!!!

Here is Jason almost 1/2 way up his today... His height program on his phone measured it as a smidge over 200 foot. His tallest yet. He topped it out at 183 I think he said. Took a smaller top than I thought he would :) Proud teacher. tmp_25055-20161104_115742688204847.jpg

This was about 75 feet up... My damn tree was still about 30" or so in diameter. I bet she was over 4' at the base. Friggen pig.

Attachments

• tmp_25055-20161104_114457696522737.jpg
    tmp_25055-20161104_114457696522737.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 42
I may sound mercenary (like I care!) but that beetle kill is a heaven sent opportunity to really cream it.

3/4/5 years of coining it in.

It must be pulling climbers in from all over.

Anyway, I never tire of those pictures of you guys miles up there topping them out.

I can almost HEAR the chainsaws going on these pictures!
All I've been doing lately is deadwooding some cypress/macrocarpas...got a heritage listed cherry to prune next week, and a western red cedar...both neglected trees in an old garden, so they are actually more like arboretum specimens...they've been left alone to grow and are marvellous :)

that beetle kill is a heaven sent opportunity to really cream it.

3/4/5 years of coining it in.

Will all those pines die from it? If so, won't it result in a lot more than 5 years of work?

I was being conservative.

There must come a point where the ones that are left are of no danger to life or property so get left to fall and rot.

True, but the live ones close to targets that will(?) die from beetles, they won't all be dead in 5 years, or will they?

Good stuff, living in the land of plenty love climbing those fattys.
Have you guys got into preventative treatments?

Not much Willie. I advise certain clients about it, but I have all the experts at the tree mortality meetings telling them that treatment is cost prohibitive and rarely effective. Some are heeding my advise. Some trees will make it. Some, it's just too late. I just smh and go back and take them down.
Cory, 5years is speculative. Could be more. Could get a change in weather and some survive.
Could be a massive extinction. Could have a tree nursery in 2 years.
Anything that is not a threat will either fall over or burn in forest fires. Become habitat.
pretty much hard to describe the circus going on out here. Low ballers moving in too.

Ya it must be hard to have to look at all them dead trees,depressing really.

Great go errone 👍 Jed you sir are an animal,Sam seems to be turning beast mode as well,we know Scott and Stephen got no other choice but to be killin it,seems like quite the switch up for you Deva,I mean you been putting up all urban tree care pics for a bit and now you up there just slammin em.
Just a great job all,Rich-nice stump! Was great to meet ya bud🤗

Could have a tree nursery in 2 years.

Anything that is not a threat will either fall over or burn in forest fires. Become habitat.
pretty much hard to describe the circus going on out here. Low ballers moving in too.

What do you mean could have a tree nursery?

Wow it must be a circus indeed. Well, stay safe and you'll be fine anyway, as an established, quality provider.

Oh boy, I love that picture of the bracket fungi and the dissected trunk!
CODIT revealed, ram's horns and all...

Back