The Official Work Pictures Thread

Local logger/farmer. Always seems to be available. Showed up two hours after i called him that day, no prior phone call either. Ill call him for the big honkers.

She says, ummm. Like. There is an old stump in there or something....can you move those plants and then grind the hidden ficus stump and then replant with the first tree?

What's wrong with that Deva... just go, "umm. Like. It's going to cost, $2,500.00."

U.K. Rich: Wow. Massive pig.

Mick: Massive job, made short-work of from the looks of it. Looks like some really good firewood saved-out despite the rot.

Cory: "...ask Brendon..." yeah right... we all know you can post pics. Now get em in!

Shit!
You split the log. No mill will want it now:lol:

Any idea what fungus caused that?

I was hoping for something to mill out of that, but 'twas not to be.

No evidence of any fungus in terms of fruiting bodies etc.

Wow, Peter. You guys got some mean trees over there. I could tell that the images didn't do that pig justice either. Nice one.

Out to Mercer Island for some easy "Down Only," work. Absolutley beautiful day in a nice quiet place. Just hung ropes and pulled a Maple, an Ash, and an Alder uphill with the Masdaam. Kind of a fun day.

unnamed-844.jpg

Fraxinus Maximus... swung pretty good.

unnamed-842.jpg unnamed-843.jpg

This guy had this Silver Poplar on his property. I've never seen anything like it. The trunk in the foreground growing laterally 6" off the ground is the trunk of the Poplar foliage that you see behind it. Must have been an old windfall that just kept on growin'.

unnamed-841.jpg

Deer on an island?? Andy figured she must have swum over... said they can swim for miles.

unnamed-845.jpg

Nice shots Jed, the poplar is cool. We have ones like that around here by the creeks. Mostly willows but some cwoods too.

You guys have been getting into some big Pigs of the late :thumbup: kudo's!

Just a tall grumpy Liquid Ambar close to home today, then branches over roof on opposite side from a red oak, nottin spesh...yawn...

014.jpg

snap cuts, about done
016.jpg

Nobody who sports CF Geckos gets a pass on pics of yawn climbs...just sayin' brother :D. Better up the bar, next time out 8).

Nobody who sports CF Geckos gets a pass on pics of yawn climbs...just sayin' brother :D. Better up the bar, next time out 8).

lol Burn, I just didnt want to work today, thinking about fly fishing on them Sierra rivers ;) ha!

Fishing sounds fun.

I showed up today to put no parking signs out for a job on Thursday to find the tree had already been done. WTHeck? I called the GC, he's got no idea. I called the Property management company, they have no idea.

Dude, where's my tree?

At least they left a chair carved into the stump.
0b2f4c56a9c3d148d9c0bbf4d1c3d6ca.jpg

Back