The Official Work Pictures Thread

It rarely happens but that kind of thing makes me want to charge a booking fee.

Ground out the oak stump from earlier this week.
5 cubic meters of stuff to takeaway.
Tractor with bucket and tipping trailer made it an easy morning.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    270.8 KB · Views: 65
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 67
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    305.1 KB · Views: 67
Good question Jim.
Oak is one of the easiest to grind because even though it's quite hard it "comes away" easily, meaning small pieces separate from the stump easily.
Softer woods like poplar and pine are more stringy and soft so "hold on" to the pieces more.

Sharp teeth help of course.

People out there selling some ca ca!

7d8320c33be4ef1d6d6b15a20ef08034.jpg

A big mess of mismanagement.

The center spar popped out of the mix and kung fu'd the other tree.

I'm laughing at the little bolt they sold this guy that was supposed to fix this tree.

Another down only job today, but this one kinda sucked a little bit cause the three Firs' limbs were all intertwined for about the first 40' of limbs. Then we only had room for about 40' tops which we pulled with the hoe. Just a ton of limb rigging. The Deodora (back leaning hard) came over in one cut with a beautiful pull from the hoe. Had fun, but had to work for our money today. Andy handled 8" diameter 30' limbs by himself off the porty. Man, I love Andy sometimes.

unnamed-846.jpg unnamed-847.jpg unnamed-849.jpg

unnamed-856.jpg

Pretty fun day all told. The guy runnin the hoe was super cool. We saved him out some 45' saw logs, and a few valuable short-logs and a bunch of firewood logs. He was super stoked.

unnamed-850.jpg unnamed-851.jpg unnamed-853.jpg unnamed-852.jpg

Andy flush-cuts...

unnamed-855.jpg unnamed-854.jpg unnamed-857.jpg

Looking good Jed.
image.jpg
One of the 3 sycamores we removed. I let another guy fly the bucket Friday because he has been bitching that I never let him. It was painful to watch and ground for him. Had an extra man yesterday so I had him fly while I did some nit pic climbing in the back yard. Once again he acted like he didn't want to be there. This morning I didn't leave the option open. I rigged down his two spars and did the final removal on a dead run because the stump crew was scheduled for grinding and restoration there today. Finished there by 1 and hit the job we were supposed to be at this morning around two. Big ugly had rotten willow that had failed next to a tee box at the country club. Had it down to a flush cut by 4:45. Then the fun part. A 8 foot diameter ALAP with a 32" bar. Sorry no pics. I was to hot and pissed off to remember to take any. Oh and to top off the day, I lost a brand new unopened can of skoal on that willow. Sorry. Rant over.

...Once again he acted like he didn't want to be there...

This is the part I don't get... You're letting him fly the bucket--which he wants to do--and he still sulks? I don't think I'd be working with that guy for too long.

Sorry about the bad day... pretty stump anyway. :)

Back