The Official Work Pictures Thread

Haha yeah, she hit hard, I missed the skinny snow pile :dur: not my best job but had room for error. I can really fowl up a face cut double cutting

What's the old saying, anyone who has never fowled anything up was too chicken to try anything.

Amazing pics guys. Willie that was a giant. I've got 'em to de-energize single phase primary here but never three phase. In some places it would be possible but would take considerable switching to keep most of the customers hot. Were they going to charge to kill that line?

I can really fowl up a face cut double cutting

Yeah, so can everyone on a pig like that. You ever try Beranek's log-tape, mark the corners trick...? works a charm.

Oh yeah, and what in the world ate into that other Fir so hard way up there like that? That's a weird catface, man.

btw... totally agree that it'd be wrong to throw the boys under the bus even if you coulda climbed it all day long.

What's the old saying, anyone who has never fowled anything up was too chicken to try anything.
Yeppie, you got it 8)
Amazing pics guys. Willie that was a giant. I've got 'em to de-energize single phase primary here but never three phase. In some places it would be possible but would take considerable switching to keep most of the customers hot. Were they going to charge to kill that line?
This is up in the mountains, crew last week said it'd be easy, guys that came yesterday said they'd knock out more people than expected.
No charge to drop that single, only affected the lodge and some closed camp grounds. Lodges generator kicked on as soon as the power went out so no biggie.
He did have some folks load up their car and hit the road, got scared.
Yeah, so can everyone on a pig like that. You ever try Beranek's log-tape, mark the corners trick...? works a charm.

Oh yeah, and what in the world ate into that other Fir so hard way up there like that? That's a weird catface, man.

btw... totally agree that it'd be wrong to throw the boys under the bus even if you coulda climbed it all day long.
Use it all the time on tight stuff Jed, gets the corners right.

What's the "log tape mark the corners trick"? Please

Someone stands 50' (15-20 meters :P) from the tree in the lay and pinches the 50' mark on 2 log tapes together. Other guy stretches each tape back to each side of the tree, that is the jist of it. The end of each tape marks the back of the face cut

Started to take down a great looking ash tree, wind picked up, a bit of rain, and the tree wasn't doing too well up higher, spent about an hour climbing. Choose to pull over the twig next to it to get something done. HO clean up.

IMG_20160309_120916.jpg IMG_20160309_130703.jpg

Shoot, that Fir wasn't nothin. I did a waaaaay bigger Maple today... :lol:...

unnamed-596.jpg

Split in half up the included bark when it hit.

unnamed-594.jpg

Pig tried to barber-chair on me... shoulda bored it.

unnamed-597.jpg

Andy gets his saw stuck in like the first 3" of his first buck. Don't tell him I told you...

unnamed-595.jpg

Then I just barely elevated this one we've got to do tomorrow, and my 10 yard chip truck looked like this...

Attachments

• unnamed-593.jpg
    unnamed-593.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 64
  • unnamed-592.jpg
    unnamed-592.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 61
He didn't Doctor it up for us;) maple leaves some ugly hinge wood. They always seem to have included bark or some rotten hole in them

A few from today image.jpg image.jpg
And one of tomorrow's climb. The property owner made it very clear that he expected not one twig to be broken on any tree out of the ROW. It's an easy wreck. No roping, just a few well placed cuts in the canopy to skinny it up image.jpg
Of course the weatherman says 2 inches of rain tomorrow so it might be an easy Friday

Back