The Official Work Pictures Thread

Take your shades off n give us your best steely eyed stare, you tree assassin!

Great pics mate!

Jomo

Nice pictures!

Is there any whaling still done there?

How's your martial arts going?

Yup guys are going over to pick it up tomorrow. We can't get paid for pine in our area, at least not for the small amounts we get that are decent logs. We do have a guy that hauls it away for free. Says he can barely cover trucking with what they pay for board feet. I did see him offer a customer $200 for what would of been a full log truck load. Customer cut it all up into firewood.

Easy Friday, repollarding a lime tree I first did 8 or so years ago.
Plus needless pics of my beautiful blue truck:)
That's a good looking truck you bought Mick. Not needless pics at all.
I remember the Ram 1500 Laramie you were looking at in that last year's thread of yours .

Well I bought a Ram 2500 Laramie last summer exactly a month after it rolled off the assembly line.
Pretty amazing technology in today's trucks....their now basically a large computer as it controls its auto level air suspension and a bunch of other gizmos I still learning how to program on its touch screen.
Here's my needless pics of my new work/family hauler truck.:)

Attachments

• 20150911_093530-2.jpg
    20150911_093530-2.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 71
  • 20150911_093436-1.jpg
    20150911_093436-1.jpg
    291.5 KB · Views: 70
  • 20150911_093515-1.jpg
    20150911_093515-1.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 71
Lovely truck Willard.
I flirted with the idea of an American ride, they are not difficult to source, what swung it for me was the problems when they go wrong.
Nobody over here knows how to fix them!

We can't get paid for pine in our area, at least not for the small amounts we get that are decent logs. We do have a guy that hauls it away for free.
Same here Rich. We've finally found a guy that will haul the big logs, it's a crying shame taking 100 year plus trees to the landfill.

Lovely truck Willard.
I flirted with the idea of an American ride, they are not difficult to source, what swung it for me was the problems when they go wrong.
Nobody over here knows how to fix them!
Thanks Mick.
Yeah I agree if you don't have the dealership support you're in no man's land . But these new vehicles today compared to my old 2007 Ram are greatly improved. You probably notice that with your new Ranger.
In this 2015 I'm running 80 P.S.I in its 20 inch 10 ply tires and it rides as smooth as a car. Build fit is so much better plus the power train is so much stronger.....only the computerized stuff worries me so I got the extended warranty.
Interesting thing is these Rams are half European as their built by Fiat Chrysler. I hope the honeymoon lasts as the old Daimler Chrysler marriage didn't last that long.

Not really work but definitely a catch for the table.

It's all about karma. Put back a smaller one then get a sizeable one to eat.

Fresh Norwegian Cod for dinner.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 84
THAT'S what I'm talkin about. :thumbup:

You need a lighter beater though. If you can get one, try a four or five pound rafting axe.

It's only a three or four pound sledge( I think). I do need to find a good axe though. I think Burnam said a 5 pounder with a 26" handle works best.

Burnham doesn't know shit about beating wedges, axes belong back in the dark ages before the chain saw was invented ( Man, I hope he sees this. We've been discussing that for ages:))
Get a Gransfors maul and you'll be set for life.
Then pair it up with Hardhead wedges and nylon shims and no tree will be safe from you.

Whats a nylon shim?

Man, I literally had my wife go to IKEA and get me four nylon cutting-boards that I cut-up into shims. :lol: It will be interesting to see what Stig says.

Where arborists usually place a rope in the tree to get leverage to pull it over, timber cutters usually get leverage via plastic wedges beaten into the back-cut. When you run out of angular lift, you can stack two wedges on top of each other, but this can overdo the leverage bit, and the wedges can spit out, and you can loose the pig over backwards. Shims (flat pieces of plastic under one wedge) can jack the tree up higher without overdoing the leverage incurred from too steep of an angle that stacking two wedges can produce, so they seem good in theory; HOWEVER, this method of jacking up with shims can ALSO lead to a mismatch in the angles of the top of the wedge, and the butt of the log, which results in harder than necessary driving. For this reason (I think) very few PNW fallers tend to use shims, and when they do, they just cut slabs off of other logs to use.

Clear as mud, eh? Man, I'm bored tonight. Stig? Stig? C'mon, man... where ya at bud? Come on, man... it's only one in the morning over there! :lol:

Back