The Official Work Pictures Thread

Nice photos, thanks. My hands would be pure white working in that wet environment. Anybody else have "Raynods Syndrome" (sp.?) from running saws? Not any fun.

Mine comes and goes, but yeah, it sucks.

Cool. I'm going to look more into this. He's had cold issues since he was diagnosed , but the color change and all is anytime.

Yeah, its no fun, your fingers go the exact color of dead folks.

My mother has this and has lost 3 toes to it. Hopefully its not hereditary but I fear I follow her in many ways, I hate the cold with a vengeance.

Raynaud's is why I only run saws and motorcycles with heated handles.
I've got it bad.

We have a Kobelco 220 LC excavator that we are very happy with, everything except parts. Parts manual is in Korean.

Kobelco are awesome machines. I'm hoping at some point to upgrade the JCB for a 225 SR Kobelco. My JS160 has nearly as much lifting power as a 220, but has short track frames and a 4 cyl engine to keep the weight down.

Tall black oak, 36" DBH, 80-85' to the tips. HO clean up (he had a big tracked Bob Cat skid steer :) ) and there was no crane access. You have to 4WD in a quad or walk down to the house over a river canyon. Up in the national forest on a beauty of a day.
Tree was partially over the deck, hot tub, some plumbing and the corner of part of the roof. Would have been nice to just fell it, but it would have taken about 3 more trees with it the HO wanted to save. Favour towards the corner of the deck. Rotten centre goodness. HO dug it all out at the end of the day for his wife for potting soil :)
Bombed one side, rigged the other two leaders. Then felled about 50' of stick with bob cat assist. 8)
Used the new Teufelberger 14mm rope I just got from Tree Stuff :D

Fodder....

Attachments

• IMG_0374.jpg
    IMG_0374.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0376.jpg
    IMG_0376.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0378.jpg
    IMG_0378.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0380.jpg
    IMG_0380.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0383.jpg
    IMG_0383.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0387.jpg
    IMG_0387.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0389.jpg
    IMG_0389.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0393.jpg
    IMG_0393.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0395.jpg
    IMG_0395.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0396.jpg
    IMG_0396.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 63
Now we put a couple leashes on the stump to keep it in check. One guy and one butt hitch. Skid steer supplied MA.. 90 degrees out of favour on about 10.000 # of stick wit a rotten core. Hinge did ok, but 10 degrees out. No damage and it fell in between a sugar pine and oak. Plumbing was more to the left so I took what I got with no worries.
We had tons of fun with this HO. He will probably be inquiring into the helmet comms Paul, as he does search and rescue. Probably buy a big shot etc. We let him run some good sized chunks as well. He did great .. Got the run on the second try. Fun job..
IMG_0399.jpg IMG_0398.jpg
You can see the kids had a mud fight in the last couple pictures. had to work around that and some metal.....

Attachments

• IMG_0400.jpg
    IMG_0400.jpg
    342.5 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0402.jpg
    IMG_0402.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 61
Thanks guys! :)

Gary I was totally thinking of you this whole job as the HO does search and rescue. Usually on the Merced river where they have to shoot lines over the river for rescue. I think I might invite him to the TH as he totally digs rigging and rope work. This was just beyond his skill set to do.
Was amazing to see a HO with a sharp and proper saw. He said he likes big chips... I had a big smile.
Guy is a natural on ropes.

Forgot to mention, the HO has a CS mill and is going to try and salvage some of the wood above where we tied the guy line (red one in pictures). There is a lot of good wood in that stick above that rot.

Back