The Official Work Pictures Thread

Big ol tree! Nice pictures Scott!

:thumbup:

Those ARE some nice shots...good share, bro!! I like that center rigged chunk.

:thumbup:

I don't like it being level with the climber. The groundie should have given it a tad more slack.

Maybe the pic was taken an instant before it was lowered away from Scott.

An amateur groundman took some 8 foot oak logs and pounded me against a tree with no mercy last year. I was subbing for someone else and was under the impression the groundie could run wood. He beat me bad with some 16" 8 footers.

Beaten with a 704 lb stick? Good thing you come from a tough lineage;) You must felt like beating his ass.

It wasn't as bad as it could have been. The human body squishes nicely at the right angle. Plus if you think about it, you don't really take a 704 pound hit. He did make my knee hurt because that was bone with wood banging on either side of it. I freaked out on him but apologized later. It was my responsibility to test the waters with him and not just assume.

I freaked out on him but apologized later. It was my responsibility to test the waters with him and not just assume.

Good call. Btw, you a good cusser? I try to limit cussing as much as possible cuz in the long run it usually does zero good. But when I get going, my go to cusses are the same ones I learned in the Maine woods when I was 19:lol:

I don't like it being level with the climber. The groundie should have given it a tad more slack.

It was fine, Butch. The piece was in motion when the pic was taken, and the rigging point was away from me by several feet laterally. I was in no danger by either of those pieces.

Funny thing with this big oak...customer owned a rental house west of it. It had a big limb (14"x40') out over the neighbor's house, with a crack that was 12' long in it that you could nearly stick your arm through. He was oh so concerned about it while endangering his house.... I got the cracked limb down last week to make him feel better, then went back this week to finish getting the tree down. I had a kerf cut in the tree for the GRCS, as well as some buttress trimming so it would sit straight. He asked if it would be okay to just leave the tree since it was no longer over his house. Never mind that we had taken prolly two tons off HIS side, leaving it noticeably heavy toward the customer's rental house....some people....

Additionally, the load should never just hang there like that. Why? Was the groundie admiring his handiwork? Get that thing on the ground!

If you look at these three pics you can see the angle of the rigging line. She had her camera set to take a series of shots with each press of the shutter release. These three shots are less than a second. And don't forget, she's on the ground, 40' below me and prolly that far away....so these shots are at approximately a 45* angle....not level with me. She took 161 photos while she was there.....

Nice sequence.

Messed around with mistletoe and hazard dead wood in this CA black oak on a property we do once a month. Mistletoe has really hurt her trees as have the beetles and drought with her ponderosa pines. Decent spread on this one.
Not huge by standard, but you can use up 200 feet of blue moon on redirects :lol:

Before...
IMG_0372.jpg IMG_0371.jpg

After...

Attachments

• IMG_0374.jpg
    IMG_0374.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0375.jpg
    IMG_0375.jpg
    312.5 KB · Views: 55
Some great pictures fellas.

Working over in Oslo for a while. Took out a couple of skinny pines the other day. Various treecare jobs and bracing and a bit of park work. I did have the pleasure of working at a 200 year old property in Drobak last week. 5 days of work on 200 year old trees. The commune provides grants for the care of such trees. 23 (IIRC) Maples, Limes and Oaks. Some of them in various states of decay but they were to be retained so most work was deadwooding, bracing and thins. The first 3 days were pretty grim and an icy cold wind of the fjord made it a wee bit tricky but the last 2 days were glorious. Customer even made us a fried fish dinner fresh from the mornings nets.

G0010470.jpg G0010469.jpg

Really not sure why some are coming out sideways when they are upright on my phone and Mac... any ideas any one?

Cant seem to delete them from the manage attachments list either..?

Drobak.
Would that be Drøbak, right by the tunnel?

Nice pictures, I got to get myself to Norway again soon.

Good call. Btw, you a good cusser? I try to limit cussing as much as possible cuz in the long run it usually does zero good. But when I get going, my go to cusses are the same ones I learned in the Maine woods when I was 19:lol:

Yes, I speak fluent profanity. Not so much on the job. I have a thing about barking out foul language in peoples yards. It feels trashy and unprofessional to me.

Yep.

Just like yelling your head off when taking a top out. WAHOOOOO!
Act like you do that stuff every day, that is much more impressive.

Funny thing, when I get REALLY pissed off, I cuss in American.
Those who know me well , know that it means I'm about to blow my top.

Drobak.
Would that be Drøbak, right by the tunnel?

Nice pictures, I got to get myself to Norway again soon.

Yes Stig you are correct. My keyboard is still set to English and I haven't got the extra letters. We were working right opposite the guns that took out the German Ship as it sailed up Oslofjord to capture the Norwegian Royal family at the start of WWII.

Beautiful place.

I am down in the south now, Nøtterøy after picking up the kids yesterday. We are staying with some friends for Easter.

God Paaske Stig.

Nice photos, thanks. My hands would be pure white working in that wet environment. Anybody else have "Raynods Syndrome" (sp.?) from running saws? Not any fun.

Yes, I speak fluent profanity. Not so much on the job. I have a thing about barking out foul language in peoples yards. It feels trashy and unprofessional to me.

One of the advantages of working for The French is that one can swear with impunity (in English of course)

Yep.

Just like yelling your head off when taking a top out. WAHOOOOO!
Act like you do that stuff every day, that is much more impressive.

Funny thing, when I get REALLY pissed off, I cuss in American.
Those who know me well , know that it means I'm about to blow my top.

Weird. I will remember that signal.:O

I had a friend that stuttered most of the time, unless he was about to twist off. It was scary.

Awesome pics Biggun. Someday I will visit that area.

Good pics Biggun, how come you split your time between the UK and Norway?

A few things really, my missus is from Norway, so this time I brought the kids over to see Baestefar (Grandad) and did a bit of work. Secondly, I love the place and would like to relocate here sometime and thirdly the money is really good. The work is good and it is a great company I contract to. So for the time being I come over for 2 or 3 weeks and then go back to the UK to work.

Cheers.

Back