The Official Work Pictures Thread

That is cool Jeff. All I can remember from La Jolla is the Fish Taco stand somewhere between there and San Diego. That was another life ago. My girl ditched me for some Marine and I split for the East Coast. It is cool to see trees from the Other coast aside from the Giants. Thanks.

I've worked with Pepper wood a bit. Beautiful grain, as that tree exhibits, but it doesn't want to dry without twisting all to hell, at least the stuff I had. Small parts items like a chair or turnings, would be a good use.

Wow Paul. They are keeping you busy with the uglies...
Nice it BTW working on it :)

Me... I just a had boring little English walnut and an orchard to clean up with Katy and the kids. Bear got over their fence and messed up the fruit trees I pruned this year :|:
Parrish Walnut.png

We deadwooded the last part of the linden alley to our castle today.
Working a combination of setting pull lines on the horizontal branches and pulling them off with the truck ( fracture pruning!!) and climbing to get the vertical ones.
Nice day:)

P1030322.JPG P1030323.JPG P1030330.JPG

Here are some pics from some of our recent work. The first is some pruning done to be able to move the flooded houses in the background. Need 32 feet clearance high, the sides will just miss the cottonwood trunk and just graze the boxelder across the street.

2013-10-01_14-45-37_619.jpg

The next 2 are from a removal of 3 cottonwoods getting too big for the boulevard, raising the walk and dropping rather large branches just for the fun of it.

2013-10-03_11-09-18_214.jpg

2013-10-04_13-14-34_117.jpg

Not tree work, but it pays the bills just the same. Gas powered hoist on the dump trailer is a new upgrade, we hauled and spread 22 loads in 6.5 hours. We've put 163 hours on the track loader (bought in June) and it's doing great!

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/XBQDdnOXsjs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Have not done a raising for house moving in a longggggggg time. The few we have done in the past were a lot of fun. Paid good too.
Nice deal Bob...

Love that kit of yours Carl.

Here are some pics from some of our recent work. The first is some pruning done to be able to move the flooded houses in the background. Need 32 feet clearance high, the sides will just miss the cottonwood trunk and just graze the boxelder across the street.

View attachment 50182

Wow, they're moving those houses in tact?

They used to cut them in half here once and take them hundreds of miles, now they just doze them up and build new ones. It's a real shame, I've seen some really nice houses disappear around here in just a few hours. :(

they don't even take the garage off the side. Looks like that would make it a lot easier. This particular mover has received a speeding ticket 45 in a 25 mph zone, with a story and half house in tow. They do a lot of work. These houses were in the 2011 flood, water up to about top of garage doors.

Back