The Official Work Pictures Thread

First two are of my apprentice finishing off the brush where I left off. Then I rigged all the wood, and managed to fell the stem without hitting the fence or house! Done by 6.30pm!

x0go.jpg

j410.jpg

33tf.jpg

qjhq.jpg

oe6k.jpg

hjty.jpg

su0n.jpg

rcyl.jpg

Awesome Job Benn!

Jack.. Fun vid having the split screen. I wish my hands worked like that on an ascent. I fear it hurts too much at the end of the day.. I have to use a two handled ascender so I have something left the next day.
You got the swagger down bro... age and experience ;)

Jack,

That was a fun view. It kinda made me crazy but it was creative and artistic, fun to watch! I felt like it needed a ken burns at the beginning, I had trouble finding you. Good Stuff!

Chris,

Ben is a close quarters killer, an assassin, no doubt about it.

Oh heck ya. He gets right up close and personal with those houses and never really seems to gripe about it. I've killed plenty of trees in horrible spots, but Im usually not too chipper about it when all is said and done. I get annoyed by it for some reason.

After a long and busy summer, I was finally able to find some time to build myself a new firewood tool. I've been wanting one of these for a very long time. I had plenty of steel laying around, so I figured I'd put it to good use.

My cordwood saw, or Buzz Saw, will handle any log up to 13 inches in diameter, and up to 9 feet in length. It is a powered by the PTO of my little Kubota tractor, and spins at 1300 rpm. It will cut clean through a 12" log in under 3 seconds.

100_5107.jpg 100_5106.jpg

Now that summer is over, I'll be back here visiting with my friends during the long. cold winter months.

Have a great day.

Joel

Thanks for the comments, everyone. I appreciate the feedback.

I'm working on the safety shields and guards now. I used Google to find a math formula for which to figure the length and angles used to create a 12 sided dodecagon, large enough to just clear the circumference of the blade. Using some odd c-channel metal scraps that I have laying around, I'll build myself a very nice enclosure for the blade, then place a nice sheet of steel over the outside of it. I'm using some expanded steel to place in the bottom of the guard, so as to allow the sawdust to exit.

Next up......fit the guards in place, then disassemble the entire saw and get it ready for some paint. I'm anxious to see the final results, but it's nice to know that it runs like a top.

Joel

Been a while since I've uploaded a video, here's one from last week on the house pad project.

<object width="640" height="480"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/XvrbRacTEQw?hl=en_US&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/XvrbRacTEQw?hl=en_US&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Skid steers are cool but ... time-lapse - Way Cool ... love the *track tamping*

Nice vid :thumbup:

The "track tamp" or "tracking it in" was an interim to get the last of the dirt out so the compactor could come over and get it done.

With a full bucket the machine weighs 16-17klbs. Keeping the bucket up increases the reach and thus weight transfer to the front of the tracks, as does going down hill. Tracking it in like that gets it impressively tight, although the compactor is there for peace of mind. 3+" of rain this weekend made a mess of the pad with erosion.

Hard to carry grade with an excavator. A 12t excavator in the pit can dig it almost as fast as I can spread it. (2.5-3 yards a minute), but it couldn't spread it with much accuracy.

Normally a job that size would have a bull dozer on it to handle the majority of the work. I'm a pirate like that and am using that machine to handle it all! I bought the track loader in June, have nearly 150 hours on it now. Hoping I can keep finding work for it, it's a heck of an asset.

My biggest so far. At least for it's location.
1/4 done ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379994108.889976.jpg 1/2 done ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379994170.188887.jpg closer ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379994224.372808.jpg
on the ground! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379994256.424731.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379994306.445756.jpg
Machine tore the yard up while moving in to dumpster. Majority of job was just myself and one helper. I won't take on one of this size again without crane access or another tree service helping. Took way too long! Lesson learned I hope. Oh yeh, I thought it would be hollow some. Not one bit!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379994338.180713.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379994338.180713.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 74
Back