The Official Work Pictures Thread

Nice Chris!

Been rocking and rolling since I got back from my trip to TN. Some stumps yesterday, small elm removal today, along with some pruning, and then this at the end of the day.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379462454.263663.jpg

A large 20" limb failed and smashed one fence, and was a foot above smashing another. Other companies told them they'd end up further damaging both fences. We just brushed it out and picked the whole thing up and over both. Pays to have to right gear!

Nice Chris! I just put a bid in a poplar right by Villanova, I really hope I get it. It might be the biggest tree for me to date! The mainline grows some mighty big trees.

I firmly believe that area is the home to a lot of the biggest hardwoods in the country. Ive seen a heck of a lot of the lower 48, and Delaware County, PA trumps anywhere Ive been for having the most monsters. Villanova, Wayne, Devon..... Ive seen hundreds upon hundreds of trees in those towns that make my ass pucker.

Tucker coming through with some pics, nice.

Carlito, este epic clearing job essay.

BOTS, nice two day battle, you can almost fit that 150 in your pocket... Cool saw!

Some great shots you guys... Nice tight fell Chris!
Nuttin spectacular here... Sliced and diced that pondo fell from yesterday. Loaded the bottom 8' into the F350 with the dingo. 3 pieces, 1000# each. Double cut with an 066 36 bar. Of course there was metal in it:|:

Waiting on the video from the throw.

Attachments

• IMG_20130917_150707.jpg
    IMG_20130917_150707.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_20130917_150747.jpg
    IMG_20130917_150747.jpg
    415.9 KB · Views: 64
That is a hell of a low looking stump! I won't cut em that low myself. That's stumpgrinding territory there. I'm sure you do Stephen but when cutting low a good blowing off first saves some chain.

Cool pics everyone!

Pays to have a Silvey in the shop LOL

I knew there was fence in it and got lucky by only hitting it once. I sharpened a last time 36" loop just for the occasion and had a few more on stand by. Felling cut was above 4' to avoid metal. Next cut I made it between the wires 1/2 way down the stump. Cleaned up the flair and tried to get under the bottom wire. Of course there was a stake holding the wire to the ground. Small piece of rebar made like a tent stake. Put on a fresh chain, cut all around the located metal and then started trying to pop it with the mini, leverage and chipped away at it with the axe. Charged her extra of course.
That last time out chain bucked most of that 100 foot log before it went after the stump. It earned it's keep :D
Yeah Justin, I pull back the duff, blow and brush and sometimes wash them before I cut that low, She may have the stump ground but was not sure she would. We were both a tad worried about if the one guy up here that does it would even bother with it because of the metal. At least there was not a T stake in it. I warned her there might very well be.

I bet your saw doesn't have a full or half wrap handle Stephen:)
On my 32"-36" stumper 395XP I'm running straight old school Oregon 3/8 chipper chain, almost holds an edge like carbide. A local dealer had about 1000 ft of this never used old chain from the early 1970s and I gave him $500 for it all. I'm getting away from the chisel chain and going straight semi chisel and chipper on all my saws.
Production logging where I once depended on chisel now doesn't apply to arb work that I now do.

First 2 pics is the largest stump I ever ground out, 7 1/2 foot cottonwood stump
Last pic of my buddy John's 15 ft red cedar stump I'd have a hard time with.:lol:
SDC11976.JPG SDC11979.JPG Scan.BMP-001.jpg

Tucker coming through with some pics, nice.

Carlito, este epic clearing job essay.

BOTS, nice two day battle, you can almost fit that 150 in your pocket... Cool saw!

Great working with you Brian!!! fun 2 days

Ya, that ms 150 fits in the cup holder in chip truck..haha

Yea that 150 is small I had to look twice to see it on your saddle, how do you like it?

$50 for 1000ft of chain is a deal of a lifetime Willard. Nice score!
Justin, I made a typo it 's $500 not 50.::oops:

This dealer had stocked up on this 3/8 chipper chain back in the early '70s, then shortly after the chisel LP became available and the loggers and everyone else only wanted the chisel, so he was stuck for 40 yrs with this chipper chain, only was able to sell a little bit to the local farmers.
Good tough chain just doesn't perform in clean wood like the chisel does.

Yea that 150 is small I had to look twice to see it on your saddle, how do you like it?

1bus, its my favorite pruning saw by far, 200T stays in truck, cant even begin to tell you how light and easy this saw is moving around in the canopy ;)

A few from yesterday's removals.
Hard to get the lean it had possibly more the wife took I'll post later.
Her rope skills are truely coming along, and yesterday was smooth as butter!
y8abe9a7.jpg

And a well placed brush pile :D
uvuhapem.jpg

Hard to get (from the view in the pic) the lean that it had. Possibly more (pics to show the lean that) the wife took. I'll post later.

What kinda tree?

Oak. Yes the photo did not show lean well these may put it in more perspective;)
u3umatyp.jpg

yvapu7u7.jpg

a4ubura9.jpg

abevyreh.jpg

ere7u8e3.jpg

jumuga4y.jpg

utepy4yv.jpg

Truth be told I should have done the smaller dead one first just in case but was worried room wise it wouldn't fit Lz.

Back