The Official Work Pictures Thread

You misunderstand. I am a prima donna climber. I don't drag brush or drive trucks... all I do is the aerial stuff, then I go home. I can't remember the last time I worked an eight hour day, and that's just how I like it.

I was wondering if there is enough climbing work for that outfit to have people do solely that everyday. It's a pity that some climbers have to work the ground too.

I used to trim an oak, then hit the ground and start cleaning it up. That was my first 20 years of doing treework. I sure hope I don't ever have to do that shit again!

Nick, you do ground duties for that company, as well as climb? An interesting color, what is the larger log in the truck?

I do it all! Its a stone dead Oak tree, the smaller logs are from an ash we slayed too.

Just curious. Monster chipping right there, why nut run that pine through? Wassup with the stubs? Lol

We didnt have huge capacity for chips, we could have chipped the smaller 2 trees and the tops of the others but we still would have had to load logs... It would have been an extra load of chips, an extra dump, us loading the logs. If we had the grapple truck guy (a sub) come for the big logs he would have been upset it was such a small load.

Very nice felling, but those stubs make me cringe. No timber man would load those here

The log guy sells the logs to someone who has a biomass burner thing or sells biomass fuel, I dont know.. anyway, he takes anything (anything!) from punked out logs to brush.

I used to trim an oak, then hit the ground and start cleaning it up. ...

Thats what I do most days! Today I had a ground man (our lawn tech). He is pretty out of shape so after flopping each tree I limbed them all super quickly so I could chip with him. Only the one closest to the center of the building was pulled. They all kind of slightly leaned towards the chipper except for the last one, the chipper winch made short work of it.

Thanks everyone! Boss, my dad took all the photos with my iphone 5.

Is that a ditch witch in the photo? Do you like that mini? Any review on the machine?

jp:D

The ditch witch is probably one of the best pieces of equipment we have ever bought. We bought it brand new last year and it goes to almost every single job with us. It is a great machine. We use it for dragging brush, loading wood, and when we are cleaning up we use the scoops to pick up the rakings or to move grindings. Honestly we could never go back to doing tree work without a mini.

Me and Bixler working a valley oak a while ago, trimming and taking out deadwood, snapped limbs, and a few big branches by patio.......Brian SRTing his way up....always a fun day working with Brian! ;)

You can just see Bixler in yellow shirt in center of oak

I was trimming broken branch that snapped off

I like this pic bixler got of me!!

Bixler way up and out there!!

I really enjoy working with another climber in the tree - it's been a long time! Nice shots! :beer:

Back