The Official Work Pictures Thread

Beast of a machine.

Are you leaving the trunks to sucker out?

Silver maple for yesterday morning. Had some chipper issues to start it off but went well. Why we have distributor caps on equipment in 2024 is beyond me. Hopefully the mech gets a new one on today. We covered it overnight just in case
IMG_7493.jpeg IMG_7494.jpeg
Then a white oak and hickory removal behind a gas well for the afternoon. Only got a pic of Cameron in the bean pole hickory
IMG_7496.jpeg

Ponsee don't care. If the machine can lift it without tipping over, it's within the chart ;)

Rich, how far do you travel to keep the iron busy?

@Maximalist, you must cut alot of frozen wood, does it ever present problems, like not cutting well or dulling your chains?

Very unusually we are having some real winter.
Yesterday morning I got hit by a bit of 70es nostalgia.

20240112_090038.jpg
Then I remembered, crappy iron wedges, no caulks, shitty ear protection, saw pants that were highly flammable and didn't fit and a saw that vibrated , stunk and needed the air filter cleaned twice daily......................................end of nostalgia!!

Yea, but the snow's nice. We're supposed to get some winter next week. Right around freezing and below all week. I'm hoping for some snow. I'm also hoping the boss pusses out for doing work, and I can work on tree stuff around the farm.

Very unusually we are having some real winter.
Yesterday morning I got hit by a bit of 70es nostalgia.

Then I remembered, crappy iron wedges, no caulks, shitty ear protection, saw pants that were highly flammable and didn't fit and a saw that vibrated , stunk and needed the air filter cleaned twice daily......................................end of nostalgia!!
But at least the trees still split when they hit the ground. 😁

Figured I'd get some flak for that.
Triple co-dom and nothing to slow it down or break the fall.
Had to happen.
Only sure way to save would have been topping it first. No economically viable on a smallish Beech or any Beech in fact.

I do that quite frequently to pull out broken hung up Douglas fir branches on our place. Sometime just the throwline works, sometimes I need to pull a 11mm rigging rope up and over so I can pull hard enough to get them down.

Last edited:
Back