The Official Work Pictures Thread

A bit nerve wracking all day but got it done. We kept it to around 30% capacity just as extra precaution. After seeing the care we taking and offering a bit of free pruning we gained access to the parking lot on the other side. Unfortunately we need to do it on Saturday though. As a topper for the day the alternator quit on my way back to the shop. I shut down everything I could and made it about two miles from base when it quit. Hopefully have a new one when I get in, in the morning

Looking at your puter screen in the crane, I'm guessing that after awhile, you can usually closely guess all those parameters and then check your feel on the screen

robusta, that's a damn cool name for tree which I'll venture to guess is indeed rather robust.

How's the contract climbing going? @Bodean And the running?

Well, contract cutting is ok.. pretty spotty and spontaneous..
i made my first goal of Halloween and now I’m shooting for St Patrick’s Day ☘️.

I really have no plan for anything, do you guys just keep doing tree work forever?

Running is good, I have a 50k tomorrow from Hilo to volcano. Should be fun.

How are you?

No plan for anything, yes that sounds quite familiar to me, just saying. Well except for the job at hand.

50k is rad.

Imo you could be super thankful you are capable of that. Is it hard to blend treework with running? I'm frequently shot (or shattered, as Mick would say) after a day of treework.

Deva I’d say you did fine. With your time that’s like 9minutes a mile, right? To me the whole running for fun is nuts but who knows how I’ll feel about it next year.

Yes pretty crappy blending treework w Running.… and trying to dirt bike at least once a week just trails…

Today I ran 5 hours 2 minutes for 50k….
I got third overall…. Cramps got me for a few miles had to walk.
2nd place was a woman in her 60’s named Vicky.
Vicky sounds like a badass, third place not so much. :lol: Impressive!

It’s more or less like a shuffle after 20 miles which in my mind is like endless ground work in tree work,
more about time on your feet moving w purpose… Cory I started running mid August after my hernia surgery.. so 4 months maybe 30-40 miles a week, but I was skimping the base, wasn’t really ready just wanted to do one for the mental and check fitness status.. gotta be stronger than your event.. I.e. strength training to prevent injuries….

Anyhoo. Got nothing lined up for work this next week but 4 days the week after….
Funny how things change, looking back at the mania of Arbor MD.

Vicky is a bad ass, real small and ripped like Splinter from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
She said Steady Steady as she passed me up The hill… me w leg cramps cause I either didn’t feed myself or strengthen myself enuff.

Back