The Official Work Pictures Thread

Today was the most ordinary working day. I removed a maple, two pines and a few carina bushes. This is the tallest pine that was today -
View attachment 131871
With Spanish motifs)
I appreciate whoever you had on camera. Reasonablely steady for a handheld. Showed the whole height, then watched you cut, then panned down to follow the falling top.

John and I got to work together again today. Climbed a dying American elm, took both tops and flopped the stem. First time in that species. Hard, heavy, and stringy.

We actually ripped a top out of a long dead red oak. No cuts, no nothin. Sapwood completely punky. Heartwood had a massive wasp nest inside so you know it’s hollow and weak. It was the safest way to get it down. Tundra has no problem snapping good 1/2” Arborplex- found that out. Kinda figured but now I know.

Pulled a stem over against a maybe 10* lean (lean over a public road) bored the back cut as it was part of an included bark codom (or separate tree acting like a codom) very little room for wedges. Set it right between the driveway and a nice white oak while miraculously not damaging the white pine it had to push past.

Even though all the trees I’ve dropped whole as well as all the spars go pretty much where intended (swear I’m not being prideful), I still hate to send something that large into motion. Much rather climb high and cut small. Little pieces = little troubles in my mind.

Attachments

• IMG_6484.jpeg
    IMG_6484.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_6485.jpeg
    IMG_6485.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_6481.jpeg
    IMG_6481.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_6479.jpeg
    IMG_6479.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6490.jpeg
    IMG_6490.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Is that the river birch right behind the truck? I don't think I've ever seen one so thick.

Is that the river birch right behind the truck? I don't think I've ever seen one so thick.
Yes that is it. I hadn’t bothered to thin it yet at that point. The top was fairly thin though. Helps to hide my cuts nicely. I didn’t bother with a completed photo. I was agitated by then.
Went on to a quick crane removal. 71579898065__CED6A38D-BDF3-4E07-86D2-0BB4E05B9ABF.jpeg
Ended up being short on stick (story of my life) and had to break out the porty and rig a few of the fat pieces down into the neighbors lawn. I think I was at an 83’ radius in this picture. The guys were left with a 6 foot tall 6 foot wide stub to cookie up and haul out with the mini when I left. It was to oddly shaped to sling up for two picks and would’ve been over chart for my radius if we did it in one. Plus I had a Dr’s appointment I had to get to.

John and I took down 8 long long dead spruce trees. No damage except for one 1/8” arborvitae branch. I took a fall to my elbow in the morning coming out of my new trailer (which worked well). Pretty bloody. Ripped open multiple layers of skin on the diamond plate ramp. 12 hour day. We is beat. Gotta go back next week for one more trailer full of limbs.

Attachments

• IMG_6575.jpeg
    IMG_6575.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6578.jpeg
    IMG_6578.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 8
Mike's a working machine. Today really kicked my ass, but Mike kept on going. He did a bit of everything; climbing, pulling rope, carrying wood... No way I can keep up :^D

That's a bit of it I'm sure, but not all of it. You have impressive stamina. I doubt I'd be keeping up even if I could go back to 44.

Back