The Official Work Pictures Thread

Is beech bark disease a thing there? We've had it for a few years. Seems to be really isolated in little pockets.

This one was beyond the initial symptoms of Beech bark or Beech lead disease. Wood peckers had started perforating it, some 6" stems were rotted and poison ivy vines had covered the trunk.

IMG_6941.jpeg
Brought in Rick the stick today. Went faster than planned. I still have him bill us for 8 hours even though we were done in 6. Cam set a few slings and also had to set and cut a handful of the spar picks because the bucket couldn’t get to them. I tended the ground work. Cam also got to try out those sling hooks that @cory likes so much. He’s a fan now so I guess we will be getting a set. Pricey hardware but worth it I guess.

Rich, I dunno the science but I’d have a shackle on each of those slings for the log pick.
Nylon on nylon w weight seems like it could cut. My little opinion. :)

edit…. Better bend radius.. less friction on steel clevis than nylon v nylon..

That tear out would be a trip on your flip line.
Sorry @Bodean I forgot to answer this. I agree that we “should” have shackles on the slings. The way we set them doesn’t really allow for much movement in the crossover point of the sling and I pretension gently while they watch them snug up. Also each of those slings are rated for twice that log weight and my most common used ones get replaced several times a year. When we load heavy the shackles go on. Or if I have Cameron setting for me. He’s much more efficient than most the rest of our company.

What did you do to your finger?

I must have missed that.

Funny noise from not so old front end bearings on my truck, I raised it, gave the tire a spin, my glove caught on rough part of casting on rim, pulled finger into brake caliper. Tore it open to the bone, 6 stitches. A month ago. Worst part, Both bearings AND steering shaft where bad.

I limbed this spruce waiting to get a car moved and then came down and fell the rest. Solo job, 3 hrs with clean up, dump run, go back for the firewood and bring it home. Hand bombing spruce limbs on and off is tiring. All the trees in the video are going eventually.

It's a hotel. There's a language barrier but there's contact with the roof and I assume all the eaves are full of needles.

I've used limbs as a rake/broom. Not for treework; just cleanup of whatever. They do work pretty well :^)

Back