The Official Work Pictures Thread

Nice prune! Is that a modern house or a commercial building?

Thanks.

It was a modern home built about 12 years ago. The bit you can’t see is the bit between the two sides of the building is a 3 story glass atrium. The house was designed to look out onto the oak in one direction and the outdoor, natural pool carved into the rock, the other.

Crap picture I know. I was hiding in the truck when I took it.

The green strip between the two white bits is glass.
66409390-764C-474D-AD7C-49955E66F9BE.jpeg

Last edited:
Yikes that last picture looks like you are cutting the trunk you are tied into!
And what is the objective of the job overall?

@Maximalist

Does it not piss you off when they leave a nice Audi under the tree?

Or are they like Norwegians, leave the car under the tree and then watch you struggle for the duration of the job and then come out to move when your clearing up?
Not to mention the good look over it for scratches and dings so they can get you to pay for it.

Council works in Norway are great. Road signs up 24 hours in advance. We just text the car registration number to a website to get the details of the owner. Give them 30 minutes and then the traffic wardens turn up and get it towed. We once towed 16 cars from a road one day. There were that many tow trucks they were causing a right problem and traffic was a nightmare.

In order to coordinate the work on the road, it is necessary to contact the traffic police at least two weeks before the start of work. What you wrote about the Norwegians is happening here. Probably people are the same everywhere, or does this confirm the Norman theory)

Yikes that last picture looks like you are cutting the trunk you are tied into!
And what is the objective of the job overall?
The purpose of the work is to keep the trees in safe sizes. We have very strong winds here quite often, and large trees cannot always resist. The second goal is to prevent poplars from yielding seeds. It should be said that such work is carried out only with poplars.

Wow, Max, I'm impressed by you on that skinny wood in pic 1. Are you using DdRT and a friction saver/false crotch in that pic?

Спасибо.

I was curious if his gaffs met inside the stem. What kind of tree is growing through the fence? Reminded me of our Manitoba Maple and Google tells me it could very well be a Box Elder. Structure is more uniform than ours locally but the shoots, bark and weeping sure look like something I'd find down the street.

Phase 2 of a pine removal at the family cabin we did last spring. Removed a top the previous year after the other blew out in the wind. The old man (my 79 y old dad) rolled, loaded and unloaded most of the rounds except for a few of the bigger ones and had a heart attack a week later. He's okay and is still givin' er, the tough old bugger. He wants to take it down to a 6' post this year where I imagine it'll stay until it rots.
pine 2.JPG pine 3.JPG

Back