The Official Work Pictures Thread

My rotten weeping cherry out front moves when you push it, so I don't push it. It has a sliver of bark that lets a small branch and some suckers get green, and I intend on keeping it as long as it does. I have no doubt it would be easy to push over though.

Mine? It isn't worth all that. It's just an ugly dying tree that should have been taken down years ago, but it just keeps going, and now I'm curious to see how long. It was my daughter's favorite tree, and I decided I was gonna keep it til it was truly dead. It'll be interesting to see what the final failure will be. It could collapse in a pile of rot, but with green leaves still on it. There isn't even any firewood on it. Might be enough for one fire if I'm not too picky about punky wood.

Edit:
Here's a pic from last spring. The good looking stem on the right is the replacement. It's a regular cherry that grew beside it.

IMG_20210406_143501.jpg

Last edited:
I got pressured into taking a shitty job.
Some rich assholes have bought a forest and wants a playground for their and their friend's kids.
There will be a lot ofg oak crown wood carved into animals.
Before the carvers set to work the bark and most of the sapwood has to be removed.

It is the national forest owners coop "skovdyrkerforeningen" where we get a LOT of work, that had to get it done.
So they asked us, nicely.
Some times you just gotta do shit, because it'll get you some brownie points that'll help down the road.

We put 20" bars and 8 hole sprockets on the MS661s, pretty much removed the rakers ans set to work.
The narrow and crooked places were handles by the chain saw log debarkers from Germany.

We go through alkylate fuel like I've never seen before.
4 big saws running full throttle ALL day.

P1080709.JPG P1080710.JPG P1080714.JPG P1080719.JPG P1080721.JPG P1080722.JPG P1080728.JPG P1080729.JPG

German EDER.

Made to fit a 40-50 CC saw.
When you fit them on a 70CC with a 9 hole sprocket, they get very effective.

Idk.

I just put it back in service after a while.

I noticed it, but was staying in the felling zone, rather than messing with it.

Where are the photos of the Beemers?

Back in about 1975-6 I met up with a whole lot of BMW riders in upper state New York, as I was heading to Michigan on my Yamaha shaft-drive 750.
They invited me to join them at the rally they were heading off to attend. I've never seen so many Beemers in one pace.
At the campfire that evening two NY police officers, pretty drunk at the time, boasted as to how their R-12 BMW cycles were "reclaimed" from the evidence warehouse after they'd been taken in a raid on some "underworld type". Somehow they came to 'own' them, got clean titles, etc.

I dont feel comfortable taking pictures of other peoples valuable property so I didnt ask.

The bikes he had assembled in his basement to check they were complete. He even had the manuals, spares etc . A theif would have to disassemble them and carry them out bit by bit. But at what those bikes are worth someone might do that.

The thing is, she had zero frame of reference for her progress. She had only seen me do things, so by comparison, she had a hard time appreciating how much she knows and has experience with.
2 years, very part time.

I bet you are a good trainer because you try to see things through a beginners eyes.

Back