The Official Work Pictures Thread

What's going on there Sean?
There are a lot of volunteer/ forest maples. One was dead. My vantage point is from the driveway, with the road 15' behind me. I N-C rigged it, set with a hand-thrown throw line. Lowered it across the drain field, right next to the pvc septic pipe.

In the background, you can see the broken maple (with ganoderma, upper phototropic growing limb is broken and laying on both the lower limb and a thin, Tall maple trunk with its base near the road in a big, ivy-covered bigleaf. maple.
This is all directly over the drain field.

I got an APTA shot in the fir, first shot. I'll pull a rope in today to check my shot. I'll Wraptor up and hang a block or rig-n-rings and 9/16" stable braid. If I can mid-tie the broken lead, I can pop it off of the break and other lead with a throw line or rope.

Second lead will be mid-rigged, and pole- chainsawed free.

Butt can be felled off the drainfield.

Rigging will pull the tips back from the road.

If I felled it whole, it would be in the road.

Debarking logs :lol:

It works really well, it is such a find for doing this job.

Stig how do you feel about climbers using the zigzag whilst climbing for you?? I have a new guy that just started and he climbs on one. I feel that device is way to fragile for tree work

Missed this one, sorry.

I feel it is a device that one needs to be careful of.
Not bend it sideways over a branch and check the rivets regularly.
So it is not for some boneheaded, leave your brain at home, climber.

I would not let an apprentice use it before climbing for a couple of years.

I feel people should start with prussics and get comfortable around them, before moving to mechanical devices anyway.
That is how we train apprentices.

I love Elm man. People are super racist against Elm imho.

Yeah Jon, Rajan nailed it. Flying squirrel. The little guy ran down the log and then launched off the butt. I was super surprised to see him deploy his wing-suit for the little four foot drop to the dirt. Creature of habit.

We are still experimenting.
Since we'll be doing this stuff for a while, might as well find the easiest/best way to do it.

Found out today that it is easier to use the log debarker when hanging and simply being lowered by the groundie.
The Rapel rack that @Burnham gave me, works great for that, very smooth ride.
The lanyard is in the way, so we have been talking about using a steel core lanyard on the end of the rope, kinda like the steel leader one uses when fishing for Pike, so they can't bite the line over.
That way we wouldn't need the lanyard as back up.
The way the debarker works, there is no way it can chew through a steel core.

And Murphy says, I can't think out of the box :lol:

IMG_20211112_113439.jpg IMG_20211112_093202 (2).jpg IMG_20211112_093145 (2).jpg IMG_20211112_093725 (2).jpg

Last edited:
Cool. I wondered how often you were having to re-position the lanyard each time to honor the TIT principle while cutting. Good solution.

Time for some mistletoe and hazard wood maintenance in an old friend. Climbed this tree with two housers. Still threatening Stig with a climb if he ever gets stateside. Takes a couple few days for the tidy up.
Almost like where's Waldo? Eagles I posted before. Made of a log we harvested on the property with the beetle kill work. IMG_0520.JPG IMG_0518.JPG IMG_0521.JPG IMG_0523.JPG IMG_0528.JPG IMG_0519.JPG

Last edited:
Took some large dead out of it about 1.5-2 years ago.
I was supposed to do some this maintenance last fall, but we got hit with those mono winds that killed my calendar right after two storms bringing in 6" of snow each

Back