The Official Work Pictures Thread

It's not that complicated with the backean. I needed to over come about seven feet before it would go on its own. And wedges alone weren't getting you there. Pulled over nice and slow with the mini. Also it was an ever so slight up hill pull and wanted a 3:1 as extra insurance.

I got an Oregon file for squaring rails, but rails get too work hardened for a file. The rails don't look too bad, but I haven't checked closely beyond trying the file. I just plan on getting a new bar soon enough. I have 2 more just as used up chains to go through anyway.

I find I get 2-tips-life out of a bar and then I replace it though if I had it professionally dressed maybe it would keep going.

I have one of those bar dressers, and I'm pleased with it. Their files are pretty good, but I prefer Stihl(Vallorbe?). My old dealer reamed me on files, so I got a couple dozen Pfred. I'd estimate they're 90% as good as Stihl, and way cheaper compared to my old dealer price. New dealer is much more reasonable, so I'm back to buying Stihl.

I think pferd makes files for Stihl. They seem to dull fast and are not as aggressive as Oregon. Lately I'd say Oregon is way better than Stihl/pferd/or the files found at Lowes/HD

Yup eucs.

Took me 4 days to get em both down!

One of the more strategic jobs I've done in the last 5 years, but luckily I had a Cracker Jack crew below me.

I call it wood n branch walking, others call it drift lining. Essentially you catch the branches n logs from one tree with a Hobb's n block, but also have a second line attached anchored by the block n Hobb's attached to euc over the LZ. Each piece cut's effectively suspended between high lowering points, and by lowering with one Hobb's while cranking up on the other, you can walk branches n logs sideways quite a ways.

Certainly worked a charm on this job.
image.jpg

Jomo

Back