The Official Work Pictures Thread

I can't seem to get the other pics to load. I learned a bunch on that one. The trunk pieces were rigged by vert speedline, 3 wraps and then left loose, saved the street, mailbox, and driveway. Tipped with the truck lol.

Big sycs that y'all are showing. I never had the "pleasure" of working in one, but sure have admired them over the years. Just looking, instead of living with one, lets me see them in that light, I suppose.

Sycamores are nice trees. Messy, and kinda breaky, but stately trees. I have a fond memory years ago staying in the old office late. The office was an old Sears house of all things, in the old section of "town". Basically corner where the train used to come through, the old general store on the corner, and a couple other small shops. Since it was somewhat developed, there were lights on all night.

Anyway, it had rained while I was in the office, and froze on everything. I went out for a cigarette, and that old sycamore was sparkling under the sheen of ice with the lights from the shops on it. Really beautiful. That was before the days of having a camera in your pocket all the time, so I didn't get a picture, but I still kinda remember it :^)

Yer a good writer John.

Dude, Kyle, that stinkin thing was a stinkin PIG... ya know... the architects tell us that nothing is big or small, save by perspective, and (as a tree worker) I gotta agree with em. To me............. Taking down a really huge tree is really no big deal... everything depends on yer restrictions. Space is everything... ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING. Big trees in tight spots, boy.... it just don't get any more messed up than that.

Chill day of solo climbing for 4 hours, until the couple had a pre-scheduled 4pm tea on their deck, socially distantly.

Improved view for it.

Branches just had to go into firewood log piles or just off to the sides into the woods. I threw most directly into the woods from the two trees on the sides. The deck is showing about 4' through, with 10' below the deck.

Scooted over to a HOA.
Next time I'll park closer.
A "less than an Echo 2511t tank" tree. About 45' tall. Left branches on periodically for some dampening. Dead as dead gets, but solid. Felt wobbly. Climbed gently. Couldn't fit the top, whole, directly into the trailer, like 95 percent of the limbs went, and all but the bottom 6'.
HOA rep happened to drive by, and appreciated the prompt removal, after he kinda forgot to approve the bid for awhile, then called me.
Hard for residents not to notice a red Doug-fir on their community namesake road and path.

IMG_20200929_122201326_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200929_131542333.jpg

IMG_20200929_131319381_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200929_153230996_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200929_174326736.jpg

IMG_20200929_174332680.jpg

IMG_20200925_184351925_HDR.jpg

Just happened to have the wheelbarrow in the trailer. Couldn't have used it if I tried.

Apples from one of my three Apple trees.

Hungry, and at home.

This is 5 minutes from my house, with my chipper in town, ATM, waiting on a blade change workable but dull), and chip truck at my shop 20 minutes away, outside town at my shop.
All my daily- need equipment is in my pickup.

The first job of the day is down a hill, with woods 20' from the drop zone, to where they are happy to have branches moved.
No chipping.

This dead fir literally took me 1 got and 20 minutes, drive-up to drive away.

Limbs will either go in the rec fire pit in the backyard, 20' from the parking spot, or into my work-yard pile outside town, or get chipped in town where we need some mulch.

Just had a huge pile go away from my work-yard for $400 by a clamshell grapple truck.
So nice.

4 dead alder fells today at the same property as yesterday.

90* retainer/ guy line on an alder that leaned a lot, over a new, clear, plastic-roof shed.
Tightened with truck.
Maasdam rope-puller to move to the lay.
Whizzy.
No problems.

IMG_20200930_114708139.jpg

IMG_20200930_162105528_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200930_162227115.jpg

IMG_20200930_162558994.jpg

Stood up against lean with pre-tension.
IMG_20200930_162638952.jpg

IMG_20200930_162631247.jpg

Firewood to cut tomorrow.
IMG_20200930_165439175.jpg

189? Did you take oxygen up there with ya???

Hella tree, nice pics, beauty hinge

How long did it take, start to finish?

Good stuff, Jed! You did have me looping there for a bit... :D

Sean....fine, clean crisp looking stump there with that nice etched out Sizwheel...looks like you had an interesting fell there. good shots

Man, sorry about all the redundancy with that post, brothers... I have NO idea how to run this iphone they got me... wow... that was annoying.

John: I don't exactly like those, but I gotta say they are danged handy... I borrowed my friend's fallin belt today, and he always runs one. It's rather heavy, and it's fabbed-up to be a bit of a hammer, so a guy can bang wedges into low-cuts on stumps, or into buckin cuts in logs with top-bind and such. I gotta say, that the thing actually double-stacked with a red and white rather nicely, and I'll confess that I quite liked it. I did find it to be a bit annyoing in the wedge-pouch though.

Corey: One of those pictures was from yesterday, and not sure what you're asking. My Fir took about 2 hours (TONS of room, and really only the road and power lines--on the other side--for restrictions). Had the luxury of just crackin off limbs with both hands on the top-handle while a guy in a mini-excavator grabbed all the limbs off the road and rammed er into the 1890. Fifty foot top, and then 270 degree flipped two logs (24' and 20' respectively) out of the stem before falling the remainder. I then just got to fall all the stems for the other boys. Super fun day with a ton of equiptment.

Nice job of it, Jed. Done more than a few myself of similar size and in similar situation. It's not as easy as it looks, even if it is fairly straightforward, and any time you're working a tree north of 175 feet one soon finds it can wear the strongest climber down some ;).

That's enough said. Kudos, my respected friend.

2 hours, nice.

Do you use a mini ex often to chip with?

My first removal climb in a while. Kinda gross busted up white willow. One leader failed in wind the day before. Kept reminding myself I was climbing the stem that DIDN'T break.

Polesawed out some of the tops, then crashed logs down. Fatty stump, tipping the mini in 3.5 foot sections

IMG_1683.jpg imagejpeg_0(1).jpg IMG_1689.jpg

Back