The Official Work Pictures Thread

2 hours, nice.

Do you use a mini ex often to chip with?

Sean: Rad pics. Yeah... what Burnham said... you gotta have some guts to go up very high in a goofed up willow. Fat wood. Nice job.

No Corey, we have never used one in fact. Funny story: Our owner Matt Rengo just bought that thing especially for this county job. Well... the danged thing didn't come in on time (it's held up back east somewhere) and he (Matt) was so ticked that he hired Pacific Tree's (with operator!!) to do the job instead. :lol: Worked a treat though... the boys are all totally in love with whatever allows them to take it just a little bit easier.

Just worked a half-day today because I had to get to Dr. Malouf's office for a crown on my nasty tooth (English ancestry).
Still got to take down this 170" pipe. DANGIT! Forgot the pics are still on my stinkin iPhone, which I cannot figure out fer the inbred life of me. My daughter will help me.

A mini ex works great for chipping once you figure out how. Getting the right positioning is key. We use a decent sized excavator daily on our clearing crew. Trying to talk the boss into a rotating grapple for it but the guys are able to do good with just a hydraulic thumb.

Yeah I bet a mini with a grapple could be a rather awesome tool to have.

Btw, just curious, why'd they take that bad boy down, the butt looked quite solid. Thanks.

Rich, you boss sounds cheap

Corey: Those are all just gorgeous trees (including the soundest Hemlock that I've ever cut down in my life) just so that King County can put in a stupid guard-rail so that people can continue to text and drive without fatally wounding themselves, or else surviving and then suing King County. Trust me, some of the residents are ticked. Felt like a daft hippy myself cutting them pigs down, but man did I have fun doing it.:|::/:

Thanks Burnham and Benjo. Ran into a surprise today when I cut into a marm stump for a buddy up in Woodinville. The three stems were typical Woodinville dog-hair... 145’ and very tiny on the stump. Not the tiniest breath of wind today, and I had an obscene amount of room, and so started getting super brave to fall some stuff. In the end I was glad I didn’t as will be evidenced by the last coupla shots... 5C53D48A-66DE-44E3-956D-63AD86BE03E4.jpeg 62B97F2D-3A4A-4E4A-A5AE-62A3FF5F5FCD.jpeg E9260411-17E5-4821-BAA6-09C7DEBD6A9D.jpeg 7A36DC70-DA80-4FEE-96F4-B6A8FF4430F8.jpeg 832C531B-865E-4199-9524-CE02DE001828.jpeg 3852F824-3D15-452A-8B8E-5067E49E69DF.jpeg

Went for a quote and had the gear in the truck. Client was surprised and pleased that it got done right away. I was glad there was no cleanup. 30" ash dropped in the slope. No cleanup. Found a nice mushroom. Almost 2 feet in diameter. It looked interesting.

Attachments

• 20201003_154643.jpg
    20201003_154643.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 9
  • 20201003_091031.jpg
    20201003_091031.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 10
Thanks Burnham and Benjo. Ran into a surprise today when I cut into a marm stump for a buddy up in Woodinville. The three stems were typical Woodinville dog-hair... 145’ and very tiny on the stump. Not the tiniest breath of wind today, and I had an obscene amount of room, and so started getting super brave to fall some stuff. In the end I was glad I didn’t as will be evidenced by the last coupla shots...View attachment 104004View attachment 104005View attachment 104006View attachment 104007View attachment 104008View attachment 104009

Fate of the orange saw seems in question???

Looks like a fun night Sean. :thumbup:

Ohhh... Burnham! No... If I weren't so bad at explaining things we all would have understood that that tree had stalled on the stump due to a crazy included bark delamination. I only put ol' Agent Orange there after I realized that the remaining stump wasn't gonna go over unless I torched it off. I ended up just slicing little 16" chunks off the top of the stalled stem. There were a buncha nasty wood worms in there.🤮

Nasty bugger there Jed.
Got to mek it up for an hour and a half yesterday morning
CC93D984-F6F9-4A63-ADFA-089D6FDD3F1E.jpeg A13E5252-D827-415B-8702-9D5CED5E7246.jpeg 51C2795B-D816-4619-AAD1-348DEF5CE875.jpeg A7FFC6B0-C974-4E56-80B8-030A5C02B590.jpeg
Crispy ash. Andrew is one of the smoothest operators I’ve worked with which is why I use him for the crispy critters. Almost wish I had a dumpster set to land the brush in. Clean up kinda sucked but it was only Jason and I. Finished grinding the stump and cleaning everything up by 2. Went and ground out the two sycamore stumps from last Saturday to finish that job as well. My last two saturdays have been quite exciting and lucrative.

Nice pics, man.

Is that you in the bucket?

The second to last picture, the big brush pick, does that come off smooth and gentle like with a stick crane?

Yep. Me in the bucket. That last brush pick was the one furthest from the truck so it had a bit of lean. Came off pretty clean. Not quite as smooth as a well balanced stick crane pic but close. I shelf cut it and swung away before he moved it but it really came off clean

So is "shelf cut" where you make the "V" or is that where you just make it flat?

Beautiful pictures by the way, and nice iron.

Shelf is kinda like a V. When I picture a V cut I think of it on a vertical spar. Shelf on a limb or large section that’s not quite vertical. Gives the piece a shelf to sit on so I could swing away in case the movement caused tips to break off. With a grapple it’s very hard to get a perfect balance and pretension. A lot of that is the operator.

Ahhh... interesting. Thanks.

I never do any crane work, so I'm always interested in this stuff, but I may hafta learn since Eastide's getting ANOTHER crane.

Back