The Official Work Pictures Thread

Gonna do a freebie at the library on Arbor Day, but will probably milk some publicity out of it. So good will is at least noticed if not appreciated. Perhaps even do something on Earth Day as well tree-related (planting, offer free mulch, dunno).

Free stuff happens sometimes here, too. Widow lady across the street "lets" me do whatever I think her trees need. She will give me some chocolate cake and sweet tea.

If Gary's happy - I'm happy. I only hope he can recover after finding out Brian won't be following any more of his work pics.

You can do it, Gary!!! :beer:

Ditto. ;):drink:

Re: cutting low limbs and landing them flat- last week we took down a huge, spreading EAB ash with the 75' bucket, no crane access. The rigging was going very well, ninja doing a master class of fast roping 80% of the brush into a tight LZ using no friction device other than the rigging rings. The tree took 5 hours of non stop steady work to get down, everything had to be roped. As I'm up there working I'm noting the farther reaches of the tree wondering but not worrying if I'm going to be able to reach them. Moving the truck closer would be an extra 1/2 hour huge pita due to the confines. So we ended up getting it all nicely except for the last 1 large low horizontal limb growing out over a nice fence. Didn't have nearly enough reach to rope it. I had the elevator all the way up and both booms out horizontal and could just barely reach out enough to make an unroped cut that would jump out a tad and clear the fence and land flat- of course landing tips-first would have smashed the fence with the butt. So I reached out and made the kerf-only under cut and then buzzed the top. It landed perfectly. Ninja, who never gives compliments, was actually impressed. We often take a lot of pics so I asked my usual camera guy 'did you get that on vid?', he says' no, I was too afraid something would go wrong'. I said, yeah I was too afraid something would go wrong to ask you to take the vid' lol.

Idk, they're in the Vault.

One of these days I'll post some up

Well according to our AWOL brother Jed, Cory is sandbagging. He once told me Cory has some great pics that he doesn’t post. Are you being a bit humble Cory?
Sorry I’ve just been leaving my phone in the truck for a while. Either boring same old stuff or to involved to be distracted.

I know you are doing better than before Gary. Less ropes in the tree. Better and getting up there and getting it done. Progress not perfection and you seem to do safe thought out work. SO keep up the progress. Wish I could just slide out and show you some tricks and stuff. But then, I will never seem to know all the tricks. And I am like sloth.

Bullshit!
I've climbed with you, man.
Didn't seem too sloth-like then.

Fun day which I often think back on BTW.

What is that thing where if you're great in isolation and modest, you don't know it, and if you suck, isolation, and you're full of yourself, you don't know it?

Fuckin pigs. Pump whatever you want into yourself, but don't throw that nasty shit around for someone else to pick up or step on.

At least they stuck the cap back on....

I told one of the guys... hey watch out a needle..
He says... yeah I saw that.... I was like why didnt you tell me first... TEAM!. kids....

Back