The Official Work Pictures Thread

Fwiw, my ex-'s cousin died a couple years ago from heroin, my accountant's soon has ruined his body with getting for the last 7 years ( he's about 22, having bladder control issues), a former employee's wife died, and came back, and is currently in in-patient treatment, and I could have been in 25 minutes, talking 15 minutes to get downtown.

I'm not speculating without any familiarity.

My point is drug use (extremely, extremely common) is different than addiction.

Idk about Jon Snow?

I think there is some science behind addiction... And it affects people differently.

My mom has terrible lifestyle habits, had smoked a pack a day for ever, and doesn't (seem to) have cancer at 78, somehow.

Genetics are important.

Native Americans genetics are not alcohol-compatible.

Maybe we could have a contest to see who would go longest without drugs (caffeine, red bull, aspirin, alcohol, tobacco, marijuana, cocaine, Adderall, heroin, etc).

Would be interesting.

We also try Say No To Drugs, like abstinence-only education, it doesn't work.
There are delusional people running things, though, with an Evangelical, higher-moral ground, fairy-tale backing.

If drugs are available people, especially young people, will try them, some will get into trouble on them.

Reduce the availability of drugs, less people will take them.

Apparently Kyle, I have heard that.

But it must be apparent that a generation of potential tax payers doing frig all but slowly dying is bad for business overall?

Over 20 percent of people here in the ideal working age aren't employed. Way more if you include people outside of that. You won't be employed long if you are on drugs

Yeah I'm in Illinois. The quoted unemployment rate is very misleading, mainly because it doesn't take in to consideration how many people have just given up looking. A more accurate percentage is the people employed vs total people from 25 to 55 age range. This shows how many people are not actually employed, but some of those people are like my wife who no longer works as she does the childcare. It also doesn't take into account how many people are only working part time that would like a full time job, or people that are underemployed. If we actually had that level of unemployment, wages would be going up dramatically. The whole "skills gap" that everyone was pushing was also a lie, it was caused by employers demanding more and more for less and less as there were tons of applicants for every job posting.

But not to derail our current derail, the are plenty of people who aren't paying tons of taxes that can die without a hit to the tax income, and pharmaceutical companies will continue to push opiates as much as they can because it's business. No matter what happens with legislation, they will always come out on top.

Edit: fyi I'm currently unemployed again lol, got laid off yesterday.

People should be able to do whatever drugs they want if they can keep their shit together. I like to drink beer. I don't piss it up when I have to go to work the next day though because it would be stupid to. Many many people living productive lives and doing some drugs on the side. I see addiction as a weakness. People need to be responsible for keeping their own poop in a group. I don't want to pay for/look after that for someone else. My views aren't to mainstream. I don't have a lot of sympathy for addicts. I'm not looking to have a bunch of heavy duty laws around drugs to protect morons from themselves.

Not long is my guess. One job ends and another begins in pipeline right now. If there is a good break he will be back into trees I hope.

No clue, last one was only a week, couple months before that. I'll probably hit the road very soon if stuff around here doesn't open up. Pipeline is slow atm, so I'm not sure i can even go out doing that this year, but we'll see. Might be cutting trees soon if not... That's the problem with construction, you never know what work will be like :lol: That's part of the reason why the wages are what they are, definitely a feast or famine way to live.

Is Illinois not really home?
Good time of year to get hired on at a tree service.
Maybe for cash if you get that unenjoyment...

The two major lines that came through our area are pretty much done. Now it’s back to the utility work. A lot of storage work and a boat load of distribution upgrades Kyle.

No this is home, but i will travel for money :lol: I'm not nearly a good enough climber to go work for someone or contract climb, but i do ok on my own if need be. Working construction pays well, and also pays for health insurance and pension. I'm a steamfitter who dabbles in pipelining, and both are quite specialized trades. The more specialized the trade, the more you usually have to travel. We have several chemical plants around here, 3 coal/ gas powerplants, a nuke, 4 hospitals, plenty of commercial work, and a bunch of schools. It just so happens that they have all been slow for a few years, not that long ago we had people from all over the country coming here to work. We were spoiled for a long time, now it's time to hit the road to pay the bills.

The unions have this down to a science, it's one of the greatest advantages our contractors have. If they need hundreds of code welders, riggers, med gas brazers, etc. they simply call the hall and tell them, and the business agent gets the needed manpower. Trained drug free professionals with years of experience, who pretty much expect a layoff at the end of every job. Some guys only travel, because the calls are for overtime heavy jobs, eliminating the need to work all year if they don't want to. Basically I'm a mid price whore :D

Edit: Rich i expect pipeline to get going hot again, it's just not fully up to speed for the welders yet. As I'm sure you know, Ohio is a definite hot spot lately, might end up there yet lol. There were calls for single hand welders in Lima, a big powerhouse i think, a bunch of our guys went out there already.

I wonder if they are switching the plant there to gas then... we did one here a bit ago, and they had one of those mega cranes setup for it... if so it is a wonder to see.

Spent a few days taking out this dead Horse Chestnut, easy really but we took our time as it was a very brittle tree and anyway, we had the time on it so why not.

Stu finished it today, we left it at height to be carved. 20190405_100356.jpg 20190405_102654.jpg

Feck sake, why are they sideways???

As far as I can glean, it's your device - not the forum. It's never yet happened once to me, but a couple others have the same problem.

I wonder what they're gonna carve it into?

Back